• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Tenerife

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nemotenerife

Jan 30, 2008
Hi there...lol

My husband, daughter and myself are divers from Tenerife...Hubby is a DM and my daughter who is 10 and I are just open water divers...:)

We have only dived Tenerife, although hubby has done a few DSD's in Ibiza and Malta.

We are due to go to Australia soon to visit some family and intend to make the most of the diving there too.. So I will most likely be annoying you with questions on dive sites and such like.

Thanks...

Mrs Nemo...Mr Nemo and baby Nemo

I don't know mush about Australian diving, I been out on the barrier reef a couple of times out of Cairns but it was 12 years ago and I am sure thing have change alot. Green Island is safe diving for kids, lots of big fish to see in shallow water. Plenty of sting rays and shovel nosed sharks.

I'm off to Tenerife with the family in March self catering, any spearfishing out there?

Hi.....

Thanks for your reply....

with regards to spear fishing here in Tenerife.....You can as a free diver but regulations do not allow it as scuba divers. Theres a few good soites around though.

We normally see the spear fishers in Black Cove in the south just below the airport and also in Playa Paraiso.

If you just fancy scuba then theres loads and loads of fab sites in the south to have a go ..

May be I will not bother bringing the gun. I have 2 kids 7 and 11 they love snorkelling and seeing fish, especially octupus. Where would be a good place to go in South Tenerife. Are there any marine reserves or no fishing areas. When I was in New Zealand the "No Fishing Reserves" were fabulous. They acted as a nursery and is was amazing to see what the sea should be like if the commercial fisherman are kept out.

May be I will not bother bringing the gun. I have 2 kids 7 and 11 they love snorkelling and seeing fish, especially octupus. Where would be a good place to go in South Tenerife. Are there any marine reserves or no fishing areas. When I was in New Zealand the "No Fishing Reserves" were fabulous. They acted as a nursery and is was amazing to see what the sea should be like if the commercial fisherman are kept out.

Snorkelling here is excellent....I have 3 children aged 5, 8 and 10..the 10 year old just qualified as an open water diver and is starting her advanced lol ....the youngest is 5 and loves to see all the fish. We sometime go down to El puertito which is fab for life. If they are strong swimmers you can do a 100 meter surface swim and see the turtles....which is fantatsic

Abades is also very good for snorkelling...its like an aqaurium down there for life. Also black cove is good....you get a few octopus down there.

When are you out here???

Nemos,
We will be arriving from Dublin Wed 12th March and returning Wed 26th March.

Cool.....well give us a shout and maybe we can do some diving...and or snorkeling lol....I love the beach...lol

Great, we would love that. An afternoon of snorkelling / fish watching with the kids would be just the ticket. What's the best way to get in contact. We can do it through DB if you want or maybe e-mail or mobile would be better.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT