• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from the boot!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

calinitalia

Mar 12, 2008
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I live in Rome, Italy but am originally from San Diego, Ca. I spearfish normally near Rome or in the Tuscany region around the city of Livorno and occasionaly in Sardegna.
I look forward to trading info, opinions and ideas with everyone.
Ciao!!

Welcome to DB calinitalia, :wave

Jerzu on Sardegna is where I got my first pair of (real) fins! there's a little spearo-shop on the town square, the guy gave me some good advice on the fins (I ended up with Gara3000) and invited me to come along for some spearing if I were to make it back there. Well, I haven't so far. - Should You meet the guy, please convey my greetings!

It does sound like paradise. I just watched The Godfather for the umpteenth time... the scenes in Sicily (I presume actually Sicily) are stunning. Definitely on my list of places to go.

Reactions: Pastor
Ciao, e benvenuto!
It will be nice to discuss with someone located on our "Tirreno". But I don't understand: are you american or italian?
Anyway I'll be happy to help you in everything I can, and why not looking forward to go hunting together.

Last edited:
I am american but have been living in Roma for 8 years this time, and 3 years another time from '91 to '94. I've been spearing for almost 2 years. I fish all year, even with outside temps around 0°.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…