• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from the "Garden State"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TomNJ

Jul 29, 2007
No, really, New Jersey is the "Garden State!" Go figure...

My background is primarily scuba diving the local wrecks w/ a little spearfishing thrown in on occasion. But with the price of a boat ride these days, I started doing a little shore/inlet diving and now I'm thinking I'd like to work on my freediving and spearfishing. I'm even wondering if a kayak might be useful around here?

Anyway, from what I've seen so far, you've got a great online community here and I'm glad I stumbled upon it.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I recently moved to central jersey and did alot of L.I. sound diving out of conn previously. As A fellow scuba and spearing enthusiast I saw the popularity of kayaks rising so much the for fishermen,divers and spearmongers.

The first thing I thought of when I moved here with all the bays and inlets was kayaks! A good friend of mine from N.Y. retired from contracting and now owns a kayak store complete with a nightschool to build your own for $1200 dollars and all materials suppied w/4 differing materials and 3 different styles. So as a shoreman I may be following the kayak path myself !

See ya' out there
Tom

Hi Tom,

A good friend of mine from N.Y. retired from contracting and now owns a kayak store complete with a nightschool to build your own for $1200 dollars and all materials suppied w/4 differing materials and 3 different styles. So as a shoreman I may be following the kayak path myself !

See ya' out there
Tom

Sounds like a cool thing to do if you have the time....but I'm going to try and track down a used kayak first. But if you do go the "build your own" route, take some pics and post!

Thx,
Tom

Hay tom

were are all the dam gardens?

so im a freediver spearo...just moved to nj....10 mins from philly in cleminton...

realy keen on finding som spearin...were did u shore dive?

Hi Again Tom,

Just saw a used kayak for sale for $150 on craigslist near you.

Tom

Remember which craigslist? I've been checking the Jersey craigslists (there are 3) and haven't found a suitable kayak yet. The one's I've seen so far have either been too pricey or not "sit on top."

Thx for looking!
T.

Hay tom

were are all the dam gardens?

so im a freediver spearo...just moved to nj....10 mins from philly in cleminton...

realy keen on finding som spearin...were did u shore dive?

I'm north of you. Not sure what is closest to outskirts of Philly, but most of my shore dives have been around Manasquan and Shark River.

Maybe you want to "Mapblast" and see if that's within your range?

T.

th_008.jpg

:DI am in South Jersey (Galloway)
My kayak is an Ocean Kayak Prowler.

:DI am in South Jersey (Galloway)
My kayak is an Ocean Kayak Prowler.

Can you send any more pics? That one was a little small, but I think it's exactly what I'm interested in.

Have you been using it to get to the end of the jetties? Inlets? Back bays? Scuba or just free diving? Fishing?

Sorry to ask so many questions...answer whatever you have time for.

Thx!
T.

Hey Tom,

Craigslist/central jersey/sporting/sun mar 29.

Ocean kayak,red xcllnt cond.$150..call 732-442-6826.

Hope I've been of help
Tom

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT