• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from the Great Lakes region

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
On a quick side note, I looked into some info on the Three Brothers wreck and based on a Youtube video (there's not much out there), it sounds like the wreck is really breaking up. What a bummer. Still, I'll be excited to head out there and see what's left of her. Maybe it isn't as bad as they say.

On a quick side note, I looked into some info on the Three Brothers wreck and based on a Youtube video (there's not much out there), it sounds like the wreck is really breaking up. What a bummer. Still, I'll be excited to head out there and see what's left of her. Maybe it isn't as bad as they say.
either way a weekend diving getaway is better than a day sat in front of the tv lol I am excited

Reactions: Triton1715
If your still up for a cold water dive in putting together a dive trip up to Munising in the U.P. renting a pontoon to got as many wrecks as we can all you would have to pay for is a campsite and food though I am bringing my spear pole so depending on the marine life location there maybe plenty of that as well. Just let me knowa
I'm actually thinking about giving it a go this year and splurging on a cold water suit. I'm just hesitant because I have the suspicion that I'll spend the money on it and use it about once or twice a year. Though, come to think of it, freediving some wrecks in the lake would be a lot of fun. The last time I did that was about 5 years ago. A friend and I went out to South Manitiou Island off Glen Arbor. There's a beautiful wreck called the Three Brothers sitting in 25-50ft of water or so just off the shore. . . and I mean, just off the shore. You could hit it with a rock from the beach. It is in absolutely wonderful condition because it was buried by an underwater sand dune for about a century before shifting sands uncovered it about 20 years ago. It's a pain to get out to the island, but absolutely gorgeous if you ever get a chance. Last time I was there, it really reminded me of the Caribbean. . . the water color and clarity (you could see the entire ship from the surface and it was like glass that day.)

Okay. . . so now I think I may have talked myself into getting some cold-water gear if for no other reason than revisiting that wreck. :)

It sounds like a great time and I really appreciate the offer! Unfortunately, I'm leaving on a week long dive trip in 10 days and with our 3 kids, I can really only get away like that once a year. Thank you very much once again for the offer! Wish I could make it, but it just isn't in the cards for me this year.

You'll have to post some pictures or storied about it here once you get back! I'd love to hear how it went.

It sounds like a great time and I really appreciate the offer! Unfortunately, I'm leaving on a week long dive trip in 10 days and with our 3 kids, I can really only get away like that once a year. Thank you very much once again for the offer! Wish I could make it, but it just isn't in the cards for me this year.

You'll have to post some pictures or storied about it here once you get back! I'd love to hear how it went.
Not a problem have a beautiful dive where ever you are going. Dive safe

Hello, I am Fii level 2 freediver, looking for dive body's in CHICAGO/ Wisconsin Area. PM Please

Up till now it seems Lake Superior hasn't seen much in the way of Zebra Mussels. We just did a clean up in Lower Harbor, Marquette, MI and finally found a small amount of them hanging out on some tractor tires. The wrecks are, as someone else said, still in pristine condition. Haven't seen any mussels on any here in MQT or in Munising.
Lot's of good wrecks like this one are left in great shape!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT