• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Trinidad and Tobago

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AdamLeeLoy2005

Mar 3, 2005
Hi All
Just moved into this great forum and enjoy reading all the posts. I do alot of freedive spearfishing and not much scuba, as it doesn't make the hunt all that much fun. I recently started fishing (trolling) mainly for wahoo and king mackerel, which seems to be more productive but not as much fun, as the waters around Trinidad are dirty most of the times.
On the good side I travel over to the sister isle of Tobago where the waters are very clean and a wider variety of fish.
So with all that said, I hope to be chatting alot more as I am now a registered user! :thankyou

As soon as I figure out how to load pics, i'll do so. Anyone in here lives in my neck of the woods?

Hi Adam
Im over in the sub tropics of the UK, thats the extreme sub tropics.
Pics are easy enough to upload, use the "Go Advanced" button bellow then the "Manage Atatchments button under the text box on the new window. Looking forward to seeing them

Hi Alison
These are some of the wahoos that were caught on rod and reel and some pics that I took of Tobago. Next time it's gonna be caught on the Riffe!!

Will have some new pics this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

• Adamwahoo5small.jpg
    Adamwahoo5small.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_0006.JPG
    100_0006.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_0006.JPG
    100_0006.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 193
OK
Some more pics here. Am I in the wrong forum? I post some good recipes too for those snappers.

Attachments

• 100_0002.JPG
    100_0002.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_0007.JPG
    100_0007.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 3wahoo.jpeg
    3wahoo.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 193
  • monos5.jpg
    monos5.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 182
  • earlymorning.JPG
    earlymorning.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: Alison
Ideally you want to be posting these in the hunting section but thats just splitting hairs ;) its always nice to see pics :)

Hello Adam!!!

Welcome to Deeper blue!

Great Pics! How is life on these in Trinidad and Tobago? What do you do there?

Said :)

Hey Freediver
Life is good...relaxed and laid back and the fishing and diving spots are only 15 mins away from the dock. :)
I work behind a computer all day, which make the great weekend outdoors so much fun!
The waters are beginning to clean up a bit, so I will be out in the Gulf and up the North coast of Trinidad doing some hunting and maybe over to Tobago for the Easter weekend!

Reactions: Freediver81
Good for you!

who knows, maybe I'll come and visit you one day!!! :wave

Said

Hi Adam. I'm coming to Trinidad in a couple of days. I dive with air and am just starting to train for freediving. I'm planning on doing some diving on the north coast and wondered if you had any info to share on places to go. I've been once in Maracas and Las Ceuvas, and once in the west in Chagaraumas (sp?) but would like to find some different spots, maybe even in the east around Toco. Those are some pretty big fish you have there. I will probably just be looking around for rock fish and lobster if I'm lucky. Do you know what the rules are for spearfishing/fishing down there? It seems that there probably isn't much for enforcement and probably no one cares much anyway. -Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT