• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello from UAE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
hello there so here we are!!!

Been here two days and trying very hard to stay out of the shopping areas :)

all is well, looking for accommodation, got dropped in a community on the border of the desert today.. to discover that the taxi driver had dropped me off in the wrong place, :vangry and i was calling the real estate agent arguing with him that 26 A street is nowhere near the mosque like he said, to discover that i was dropped off at the wrong mosque!! :duh There I was traipsing the roadsides with dust blowing everywhere and its quite hot outside, eventually I found another taxi driver, who also didnt know where he was (he was also from India), and after much head shaking eventually the real estate agent guided us there while staying on the phone!!

i spotted the first taxi driver, i shook my newspaper at him and he recognised it was me, knew he'd made a mistake and quickly sped off!! :vangry

anyway the property was interesting, each loo had a glass mosaic lid and a glass basin. kinky bunch!

well i am not permanently online yet, but hope to be in the next couple of weeks.. will be getting hold of Nesim soon and discovering the water next month :)

for now... being a "housewife" which is proving interesting ;)

cheers
i_s

island_sands said:
and its quite hot outside,
rofl but its still winter ;) wait untill August :D AHH the dreams of cool rail on your face :)
Hope you get settled soon and watch out for the toilet cam!!

Alison said:
rofl but its still winter ;) wait untill August :D AHH the dreams of cool rail on your face :)
Hope you get settled soon and watch out for the toilet cam!!

hahahaha already mooned the toilet cams! rofl

yeah it gets pretty hot in august... bring it on... !!

going on another house searching expedition today :D

What the . . . ? First low sandspits and tsunamis and now heat beyond belief? I'm assuming there is a good reason for this, I guess. Anyhow, should you run by a sign marked AccurateReloading and an arrow pointing to a rather large home, wave at Saeed for me. You might not want to go knock on the door, even though his baby daughter is in competition for "cutest thing on Earth" because he keeps 21 Nile crocodiles in a pond in his front yard . . . along with a pair of cheetahs as housecats. The kitties are really friendly . . .

Oldsarge said:
What the . . . ? First low sandspits and tsunamis and now heat beyond belief? I'm assuming there is a good reason for this, I guess. Anyhow, should you run by a sign marked AccurateReloading and an arrow pointing to a rather large home, wave at Saeed for me. You might not want to go knock on the door, even though his baby daughter is in competition for "cutest thing on Earth" because he keeps 21 Nile crocodiles in a pond in his front yard . . . along with a pair of cheetahs as housecats. The kitties are really friendly . . .

lol! i think he maybe my neighbour... i wonder if he is serving up croc fillets :) yeah its great to be here.. so much to do!

going to see Sister Sledge and Gloria Gaynor next month!

Hello Sarah!

I"m the Said that old Sarg is talking about!!! ( na! just joking, I'm the guy with the begal tigers)!

SO I understand you moved out of the Maldives permanently to UAE?

Enjoy your stay!

Alsalamu Alaikom,

Said :wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT