• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dafydd Rhun

May 19, 2017
Hi, I'm from North Wales and am new to spearfishing. I enjoy rod and line fishing but get bored sat on the rocks waiting 'not a very good fisherman'. I really enjoy swimming around the coast and seeing Fish at close quarters just makes me want to try a more hands on approach at fishing. I'm a confident swimmer on the surface but am after a few tips and pointers on freediving to improve my time spent under the surface.
I have purchased all the gear for spearfishing and am happy with all but my wetsuit, a cheap second hand badly fitting 3mm o'neil wetsuit. As I enjoy swimming so much anyway I have been saving up for a custom made one as I'm a lanky 6,5" bloke it's a bit awkward to get a good fit Thinking of buying from Oceanos?
Any tips and advice will be much appreciated and as I live and work around a part of the North wales coast I hope I will be able to help others in return.

Welcome to DB Dafydd (is that the welsh David?)

I'm gonna come with the standard reply to this question. Find and participate in a freediving course. It is really valuable not only in teaching the proper techniques, but also the most important bit - the safety bit which otherwise is easy to disregard to various extent. :)

If you cant find a proper freedive course I'm shure you can find a fellow welsh dude here on the forum that you could go out with and get the basics explained.

Reactions: Dafydd Rhun
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT