• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Wapping, London

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jamie Bell

Mar 5, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm from Wapping in East London. I'm new to free diving although have enjoyed recreational diving/snorkelling for a few years. I used to be a club swimmer in my youth (alas, a distant memory), but can do 50m+ dynamic (no fins) and a bit over 5mins static. Can't get (or won't risk getting) any further without formal instruction and a buddy (the wife is delightful in every respect and far more lovely than I deserve, but has no interest in diving), so I'm scratching around for courses and regular classes.

Have thought about Apnea Revolution or London Freediving.

Hello! Did you end up finding courses or classes?
Yes, I did. A bit of mix and match. I'm doing pool practice at London Freedivers, in Richmond, which is a bit of a trek, but I like the people there. I've done my AIDA2 now with Adam at Bluewater Freediving, who is very cool and fitted me into a course at short notice. So now training for AIDA3, hopefully over the summer depending on how I feel about my progress.

One of my my classmates for the AIDA2 it turns out lives down the road...

Thanks for asking.

I'll bet it is! I did my certification dives in Monterey, which was around 54F. How was yours?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT