• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from West Central Florida!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Airwolfjlm_410

Aug 19, 2017
Hello there everyone! I'm Justin from the Tampa bay area. I've had to find this forum and join every since a trip to Ginnie springs. I'm a Florida native and have been to springs before and have just really resparked my love of the water and being in it.

I'm looking to go up to rainbow river in a few weekends swim around and dive a bit at devils elbow. I can't hold my breath for very long yet but oh well.

I would be interested in finding a nice mask and good entry level fins but I have big feet and have had problems with fins I've borrowed while scalloping. Major blisters are never fun.

Would love to hear tips and techniques or any possible practices to help me and any shops people know of in the Tampa area. Links are never bad so feel free to share.
Thanks for reading and thanks for any help!

Welcome to Deeperblue. We have a good number of Florida folks here. Have a look through other Intro and Greets threads, or use the search function with the keyword "Florida". You should have lots of good results there.

This forum has been around a long time, and it contains a wealth of information. Give yourself some time to browse and search. Many of your questions will be answered that way. Of course, do feel free to post and ask.

A freediving class would be the best way to improve your breathhold, safety, and every other aspect of freediving. I cannot recommend the courses highly enough.

Yes I see that this forum has a untold amount of knowledge. Old forums that still function are always great and wise! Haha I have been stumbling around the forum and getting myself familiar with it all. So far it's a great place! Thanks for the reply BatRay.

You can lose track of time browsing here. I've been a member since 2002. Lots of fond memories.

It's a great forum. Lots of good info and great people.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT