• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello guys

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aquatom

Jan 7, 2006
hi everyone, i have been in the water for years, snorkelling and diving and basically loving the sea. i want now to get a more serious about my freediving (current pb 17m constant weight - this was done just snorkelling about a reef in indonesia).
what i am really after is a decent monofin. i have been looking at leaderfins and specialfins, are they any good? or would it be a good idea to get a pair of decent bifins? i have good scuba fins but these dont give a real burst of speed.
cheers guys and look forward to chatting
tom

aquatom said:
hi everyone, i have been in the water for years, snorkelling and diving and basically loving the sea. i want now to get a more serious about my freediving (current pb 17m constant weight - this was done just snorkelling about a reef in indonesia).
what i am really after is a decent monofin. i have been looking at leaderfins and specialfins, are they any good? or would it be a good idea to get a pair of decent bifins? i have good scuba fins but these dont give a real burst of speed.
cheers guys and look forward to chatting
tom

hi tom
check out the freediving/fins section.. loads of information and posts about monofins.

welcome to DB - where are you based now?

hi
i am based in looe, cornwall in the uk. i live right by the sea and although its pretty chilly at the mo with my 7mm semi i am toasty! anyone fancying a dip and needs a buddy et in touch!
cheers
tom

Welcome! There is tons of information on fins, and just about everything else diving, on this site, from carbon fins to monofins to fiber to transparent to pretty much everything out there. If it's not there, just ask, and someone'll probably know. Welcome aboard :).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT