• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello, New and need info

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tamehe

Aug 26, 2005
Hi everyone, this is my first posting and I need some help if possible. I stumbled onto a great deal I couldn't refuse, I just obtained the following: 3 Aquazepps, 2 about 4'8" long grey with gold front and back, 1 about 3'4" grey with orange front and back with a light on the front. I also got 4 spearguns all say Galeon I, Galeon II, or Galeon III on them as well as nemrod. 3 say Barakuda. 1 is 4' long, 1 is 3' long and 2 are 2'4" long all are blue and made in Spain. Here's my problem I have been a diver for about 12 years and have no experiance with dpvs or spearguns. I can't seem to find info on this stuff. Any and all info hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. I live in Victoria B.C. Canada
Thanks
Dave

Welcome to DB Dave :)
I used to use an old Nemrod (Clipper I believe) for years and years, it was really robust and took all the abuse I could throw at it. Check out the trigger mechanism for rust and put new bands and wishbones on and they should be servicable for a few years

Nemrod went bust a few years ago :waterwork Try;

www.alitan-sub.com

for old spares and check out their 'old' speargun gallery....Nemrod Cazador....those were the days :)

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention I also have an air pump for each one to pump into the back end of them. I opened up one of the ends and oil came out, also behind the grip is a small hole that says oil. I'm not sure what kind of oil, maybe hydrolic? I'm just guessing. There is no rust or corrosion on any of them anywhere, they're in great shape apart from some scratches on the paint and some degraded rubber. I also got about a dozen spears and countless tips of all different shapes. As soon as I get some time I'm going to take them all apart and check seals and o-rings, as well as the Aquazepps.
Dave

Dave,

are you able to say anything about the work pressure for the galeon spear guns?

Thanks and nice day

cin

Cin: this thread is old (2005). Dont worry much about the pressure, just pump it up and try to load the spear. If you can do it too easy, it needs more pumping. Now, be careful and never shoot that gun out of the water. The only thing you need to worry about is to find spare parts. Some times old Nemrods show up in Ebay, and maybe you can use them for parts. The o-rings should not be too dificult to replace. Good luck.

Hi cin
I haven't even done anything with the spearguns for a very long time. They are just sitting on the shelf in my dive shed.
Dave

pump it up is the problem I have :) . I hav'nt a pump. So I modificate a scuba dive regulator to work with 15 bar and I had the feeling this is to small. I modify again to 20-25 bar and it looks like for me that is enought but (that's the reason for this posting) I would be happy If I would know what is the limit for that (not my limit I mean the equipment limit). It is working also with 40 bat but than I'm not able than to move the spear in to the gun. So look like 40 bar is tooo much.

nice day

cin

Hi cin
I haven't even done anything with the spearguns for a very long time. They are just sitting on the shelf in my dive shed.
Dave
Dave
have just joined this group and I know this is a very old post but if you are out there and you still have the nemrod guns, please post again.
Thanks
Irukanji

Dave,

I'm also a new poster. Even though this thread is quite old, the info about Nemrods hasn't changed. You mentioned finding oil in the gun...these spearguns were originally referred to as "fusiles oleonumaticos" in Spanish, which means "oil and air guns". Very few of the "machined" parts remain available, but all of the O-rings can be replaced with like-sized ones from your local hardware store. Also, I have used "Sta-lube" hydraulic jack oil to keep them alive. The oil is there to maintain the seals which would otherwise shrink and then allow the air to leak out. Seawater getting in the gun is the worst case scenario, since it will pit any unanodized surface on the inside. I still repair these guns from time to time, so if you or anyone else should have questions, I can answer them and post digital photos aides as well.

Good luck,

Paul

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT