• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello, (oman/muscat)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Qassas

Jul 6, 2017
Diving is by every term an amazing sport, but i got into snorkling and free diving ever since i was nine.

Usually people take it step by step. But, having an experienced older brother changes the math, in my case i started by spearfishing when i was nine years old and when i was 25 i started to get a hang of diving wothout a gun and a dagger and only sight see.
Although everytime i do that i get really frustrated that i didn't bring my gun and wounder what was i thinking!! .. almost like just watching candy on an empty stomach.

So, i started S.F. (Spearfishing) in muscat, then in egypt which was a blast and now im back and hoping to find fellow spearos to share locations and exotic fishing methods along the way of fish slaughtering mission. <<the kind of fish that's authorized to kill and eat, and of the proper size of-course>>

So thats it, have fun. Dive safely. And always have your camera ready, its a world full of wonders!

Attachments

• IMG_7130.JPG
    IMG_7130.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 249
Hi Qassas,

Am I correct in understanding that you now live in Muscat and want to buddy up with fellow spear fishermen?

I'm now living in KSA but keen to get to Muscat for a break and a hunt sometime.

Have you a boat?

Is Spearfishing legal in Oman?

Hope you buddy up with some local Spearo's soon.

Steve

Hi steve

Yes, you are correct. It's always better to have a partner while spearfishing, specially when exploring new spots.

Unfortunately spearfishing is illegal in oman but i wan never harassed or even got a warning as long as i'm not waving my speargun towards tourists or such.

Sadly there isn't much spearfishing groups or communities in oman but this website is the closest that i got.
As for the boat im still searching but for now, no i do not currently own a boat but there are rentals and there's friends on their weekend that have a boat waiting to get a few red stains on it.

Hope you find in muscat all what you expected

Will be in Oman up north Khasab, Musandam on 05-07, then down to Muscat. Lets see if we can get together for some good ole SF

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT