• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello on my way to cuba for spear

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pol

Jul 11, 2018
on my wa to cuba habana,any good place near the shore around there or anywere else with in 200miles.if posible with no tourish thanks

Gracias. pro fundidad? Que arpon me recomiendas cono ces a alguiebn ally a que distancia de la orilla

You can shore dive anywhere between 1m and 50 m. There are big Robalo in the rivermouth, and lots of snappers/ grouper off the beach. Just nort of the town there are a couple of finger reefs that had some nice fish.

There is another La Boca in Cuba which is famous for the sharks who enter and exit the estuary on the tides. A friend rents a house there, but the reefs are about 1 mile offshore.

Depending on what you are hunting, anything from a 90cm gun to a 120cm would work on the inshore fish. Last time I was there, there was no gear to be found, so bring spare shafts, bands, etc., and consider gifting your gear to the locals when you leave.

hello
i'm a cuban spearo i live near havana if you need a searfishing buddy i'm in i can also recommend some spots near havana.

Sounds like you found your best source of information above. Best of luck. Enjoy

You can shore dive anywhere between 1m and 50 m. There are big Robalo in the rivermouth, and lots of snappers/ grouper off the beach. Just nort of the town there are a couple of finger reefs that had some nice fish.

There is another La Boca in Cuba which is famous for the sharks who enter and exit the estuary on the tides. A friend rents a house there, but the reefs are about 1 mile offshore.
thanks for reply one mile of shore ,,,no way. just places around abana were i can go and junp in the wáter .what kind of spear Will u recomen my. i look for places with no currents. and not a mile there and other on the way back, not for me alone,

Entiendo, es muy lejos para nadar, especialamente solo. Mi amigo Gustavo no tiene miedo para hacer lo, pero yo si. Pienso que Niorges es un buen contacto. El vive alla, y Sabe mucho mas que yo.

Mucha suerte

hola ahora en esta epoca hay muy poca corriente mar totalmente calmado te puedo recomendar cerca de la habana un lugar llamado boca de caldera ke tiene a no mas de 50 m de la orilla una pared con buena vida donde puedes encontrar barracudas y otros peces de arrecife. Pero un lugar realmente bueno esta un poco mas alejado de la habana mas o menos 150 km, cerca de matanzas. Te recomiendo un fusil de 110 o mas pues necesitaras buen alcance de tiro debido a la sobre pesca los peces estan realmente asustadizos. Saludos desde Cuba.

'hey bro whats your name? r u going to be in cuba? if not let my know the name of any of your friends.thanks polen

Entiendo, es muy lejos para nadar, especialamente solo. Mi amigo Gustavo no tiene miedo para hacer lo, pero yo si. Pienso que Niorges es un buen contacto. El vive alla, y Sabe mucho mas que yo.

Mucha suerte
quien es niorges ?

My name is niorges. when are you coming to cuba??. I'm not planning going any where, so i guess i'll be here in cuba. where are you from?. how deep will you go?? see you

Depp around 15meters bit more. But here in spain sometimesi get more in les water. My name is polen

Oncei went dow to20 meter touch boton and back, i will arribe on the 10th or 11thsadly in not profesional but i like it,

Lots of Hogfish and egg laying season for snappers is end of July I guess u missed it Barracuda are abundant and predatory. Some reef squals but watch for the Bull at the mouth of the rivers. Never fished around Havana but further south yes.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT