• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello & Speargun help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Naiils

Sep 7, 2018
Hello, I’m new to this forum & am looking for direction. I’ve purchased a Sambaru 1100 & had the DS owner put a rollerhead on it & unfortunately it has repeatedly failed to perform. I’ve had others try it without success so I’m ruling out operator error . I think the Rob Allen rubbers are the issue & as the DS has since closed, I’m feeling a little lost. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you had the chance to test shoot it on a target to see where the shots go? Often that can give a indication of what’s wrong.

No, I haven’t had the opportunity to do that. People tend to get upset (understandably) when you take spearguns near their beloved pools.

What exactly is the problem?
To be honest I have never even heard of a Sambaru speargun, do you have any pictures or links?

To be honest I have never even heard of a Sambaru speargun, do you have any pictures or links?
Hi, sorry it’s a Rob Allen Sambaru carbon rail gun.
It feels extremely aggressive to shoot, and then fails to make an impact after it’s past the rollers. The shaft is straight.
31ACE058-ED32-4FF9-A35E-E6B1C902839F.jpeg
94F21063-DEC6-4E11-8F26-5FEC916B25D7.jpeg
5163B777-09A7-40FB-83DB-82FFF8C74BB7.jpeg

I can’t really see much from those pics but roller guns should be very smooth to fire with a low recoil.
If it is an aftermarket roller head with short bands it could be distorting the carbon barrel.
You need to find out what size the rollers are ( 14 16 18 or 20mm) and match the bands to suit.
There should only be only a little tension on the bands when not loaded and the stretch should be around 2.5 times the band length when loaded.

Hi, sorry it’s a Rob Allen Sambaru carbon rail gun.
It feels extremely aggressive to shoot, and then fails to make an impact after it’s past the rollers. The shaft is straight. View attachment 52516View attachment 52517
I can’t really see much from those pics but roller guns should be very smooth to fire with a low recoil.
If it is an aftermarket roller head with short bands it could be distorting the carbon barrel.
You need to find out what size the rollers are ( 14 16 18 or 20mm) and match the bands to suit.
There should only be only a little tension on the bands when not loaded and the stretch should be around 2.5 times the band length when loaded.
Ok, wow.. Thankyou for your advice. Greatly appreciated

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT