• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello there!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

anniew

Nov 5, 2005
Hello there!
Just joined...so, hello to you all. Been trying to get to Chepstow to do the beginners freediving....but still to get there! Been Scuba diving for a while.... just love being in water! rofl

Hi there,
Welcome to DeeperBlue! Don't feel shy to ask anything, there's tons of information and friendly people willing to help out.

Adrian

Hi Anniew

Wellcome on board. You will enjoy this site. People is frendly.

Carlos

Hi Anniew,

I saw from your profile that you are near London. I am in London and I have been doing pool training.

Welcome aboard.

Lucia

Hey there to you all. Thank you for such a wonderful welcome.

Lucia, whereabouts have you been pool training?...Richmond?
Maybe catch up with you?

Adrian, I'm moving to Spain near Barcelona next Spring, I don't suppose you know a good book for learning diving equipment in Spanish? :)

Annie

Last edited:
Hi Annie,
I'm just one and a half hours north of Barcelona near L'Escala, the diving in the general area, both scuba and freediving, is quite good. If you want to have alook at English terms translated into Spanish and different languages check out this link:
http://www.foreignword.com/glossary/plongeon/eng/defa.htm

It's a very useful extensive diving glossary for many European languages. Let me know when you are in the area, there are other DB members here as well.

Adrian

Many thanks Adrian. Fantastic!

I expect that I will be somewhere along the coast rofl .... by the end of April. I'm going out at Christmas to look at 3 or 4 centres: Begur, Tarragonna and 2 closer to Alicante. I expect though that my final resting point will be closer to Barcelona....

For sure, I'll let you know how it's going and hope to catch up with you in the Spring :wave .... though it's a small world & I may well bump into you at Christmas while I'm exploring!

Best Wishes
Annie

anniew said:
Lucia, whereabouts have you been pool training?...Richmond?
Maybe catch up with you?
Yes, I train in Richmond every week! Also in Kentish Town.

Annie, If you come to Begur, it's only 20 minutes from where I live, which is in an area you also need to check out. For me, the only consideration for moving further south is for warmer weather. Generally, unless you go to very select spots, Alicante and Tarragona are much more built up.

Adrian

Hello Greendiver :wave , how's the DM plans?

Lucia, I'm hoping to get some time in the evenings in the New Year to finally get to Richmond to start some pool training. Would be fabulous to catch up with you then...

Adrian, for sure I will be looking around Begur over Christmas... it looks like a beautiful area.

I've been looking at the link a bit further too & have just got Spanish versions of diving manuals ... wow...I've got alot to learn!

I have friends in Tarragona and Alicante... but also, having lived around London for 15 years I think I may get a bit lost if I'm too far away from either Barcelona or Alicante :)

Many thanks to you all again.

Annie

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT