• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello! This is the first online forum I've joined.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello pterapod and welcome to DB, there’s a fair few of you London “geezers” on here mate and I’m sure you’ll fit right in.:)

Welcome Pterapod, you must be a hell of a geezer!
But could someone please tell me what does "geezer" mean? It's not mentioned on my old trusty english dictionary...

A 'geezer' is a likely lad, likes a drink, likes the girls might be a bit naughty when it comes to the law. A lad's lad; For example, Del Boy in 'Only Fools and Horses'. Podge is a geezer.rofl

It's like a dude: "that dude over there" or it can mean other things like "he's a bit of a geezer" that can mean he's an OK guy or he's a bit of a character

A 'geezer' is a likely lad, likes a drink, likes the girls might be a bit naughty when it comes to the law. A lad's lad; For example, Del Boy in 'Only Fools and Horses'. Podge is a geezer.rofl

rofl rofl rofl

and you're not rofl

Ha, ha you norty girl. I suppose I might be, more like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses though.......rofl

I sold a very expensive pair of shooting wellington boots to a bit of a geezer once, well in fact he was “a right geezer” I had a job to understand a word this guy said.
He wanted me to send this pair of boots to a hotel in London and at this point I thought to myself eye eye podge me old mate you’re going to get shafted here in a minute, until he gave me the address of this hotel in London. It just happened to be one of the Mayfair hotels and this “geezer” turned out to be the owner.

BennyB sorry about that I forgot that we also have a large contingent from the colonies there as well.:):)roflrofl:):)

rofl I never noticed that his drink was still in the glass before. I really need to get those on DVD

Well I'm neither a geezer or a lad, and that's because I'm a girl. So I hope that settles the debate guys ;-)

Well I'm neither a geezer or a lad, and that's because I'm a girl. So I hope that settles the debate guys ;-)

Well how about that a “geezeret”!rofl
You’d be welcome here even if you were from Mars.:):)

Thanks. I am from Mars actually :D, I landed a few decades ago, in a place called Roswell during a spectacular light show that was choreographed to some primitive synthesiser music. Very Jarre, or maybe Tubular Bells... Mork and Mindy? The details are a bit vague in my memory these days. I have to say on reflection, that I DO prefer the blue planet to the red planet though. Hmmmmm.... thank you all for such a warm and humorous welcome.
:cool: :wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT