• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello to everybody!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bajajoe

Nov 23, 2011
Hello my name is antonio,I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to ya'll. Good hunting.

Thanks for the welcome Tarek, I am sure i will enjoy the forum.
Good luck in the water.

Hola Antonio como esta la cosa alli en la Baja? Me gustaria mucho un dia venir por alli es que siempre oido bastante de buena pesca que hay en tu lugar, seguro es muy lindo. Bueno muchos saludos y cuidate chau Goran

Hello!
Thank you all for the welcome,I am happy to be part of the community: Saleththefish,Cubano,Foxfish,Reeftroll. Baja it's a great place to hunt.
Cubano: Hay peces grandes y el agua tiene buena temperatura la mayor parte del año, he oido que Cuba es muy bueno tambien no?

Hola Antonio:

Wellcome! I am In La paz as well and try to freedive or spearfish at least once a week. PM your contact details and we can hunt or train.

Hola Antonio
Gracias por tu informacion! Si Cuba es muy linda y hay bastante peces de mucha variedad como el Pargo criollo(Cuban snapper), Cherna criolla (Nassau grouper), el Aguaji ( Black grouper) Guasa( Goliath grouper) el Peto(Wahoo) la Sierra( spanish macarel), la Pintada( b_a_s_t_a_r_d_ macarel), Cojinúa ( amberjack), el Sabalo(Tarpon), Macabi ( Bone fish) y de abundantes Picúas (Baracuda) ni hablar. Hay bastante pesces pero hay que tambien proteger el mar y ecosistema con su diversidad pa muchos años mas!!! Bueno mi amigo muchos saludos y cuidate chau GT

I'm happy because Sea teach me every single day

Last edited:
Hola Cubano:
Yo cazo en los alrededores de las oslas Espiritu Santo y Cerralvo, y digamos que tenemos los mismos tipos que tienes alla con las diferencias de colores,aqui yay pargos (4 tipos),cabrillas(sea bass),mero,atun,dorado,marlin etc…Hay que estar en contacto igual un dia hacemos un intercambio para cazar en el territorio del otro, nunca he tenido la oportunidad de ir a Cuba y quizas en algun momento pudieramos arreglar algo.
Mi correo es scubabajajoe@hotmail.com
Saludos amigo

Hi guys, please note the forum rules require English to be spoken :)

They were kind enough to translate the fish names for us - which is usually the interesting bit :D (Bass, Marlin, Tarpon, Snapper, amberjack, bone fish, baracuda, mackerel, grouper, wahoo ... sound good to me :) ).

Time for some Santana I feel:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdwCIld3kE]Samba Pa Ti - Santana (Live in Mexico) - YouTube[/ame]

[BajaJoe - probably best to PM your email address, rather than posting it on the public forum. Spammers use "bots" to trawl forums like this to gather email addresses to spam ;)]

Hola Cubano:
Yo cazo en los alrededores de las oslas Espiritu Santo y Cerralvo, y digamos que tenemos los mismos tipos que tienes alla con las diferencias de colores,aqui yay pargos (4 tipos),cabrillas(sea bass),mero,atun,dorado,marlin etc…Hay que estar en contacto igual un dia hacemos un intercambio para cazar en el territorio del otro, nunca he tenido la oportunidad de ir a Cuba y quizas en algun momento pudieramos arreglar algo.
Mi correo es scubabajajoe@hotmail.com
Saludos amigo

Hi Bajajoe
Many thanks for you answer as said we will stay in contact I just store you email adress in my library and maybe who knows we see as one day in Cuba or in La Paz. It would be great :) As said I'm 2-3 times in a year in Cuba and rest of the year living in Zürich, Switzerland. Saludos GT

Hi guys, please note the forum rules require English to be spoken :)

Hi Foxyfish

I just read whole forum rules and I couln't find anything about rules that requires English to be spoken...hmm :) ...written..

Last edited:
Hi Cubano, sorry for my miss quote as you are right, there is no written rule that states post must be written in English.
However we discourage people from writing in any other language as this is an English speaking forum.
The problem is - if the moderators cant understand the post then we cant keep up our reputation of being a fair & well moderated forum!
I hope you understand this was nothing personal.

Hi Cubano, sorry for my miss quote as you are right, there is no written rule that states post must be written in English.
However we discourage people from writing in any other language as this is an English speaking forum.
The problem is - if the moderators cant understand the post then we cant keep up our reputation of being a fair & well moderated forum!
I hope you understand this was nothing personal.

Hi Foxfish

No problem I understand your statement. It's important for supporter of this forum to understand the language between forum users . But I think sometimes depend what we are talking about, like simple questions for.e What kind of fish we are hunting? Where are we from? etc. Because these are intro questions and belongs for no specific technical or special knowledge background in my opinion could and should be allowed in Forum-users native language to be communicate. I know for you as English spoken native is maybe difficult to understand this. Just imagine one scenario for example in the future maybe we will speak Chinese on Forums and than in you case, you as Englishman have to speak to American forum friend for simple questions in a Chinese language! I'm sure that would feel very strange to you.

Little info:
Spanish language is second used language for international communication.English(1)
Spanish language is fourth spoken language in the wold after Chinese(1), English(2), Hindu(3)

Regards GT

Last edited:
cubano,

Thanks for joining the forum and being part of the community. In case you don't know me i'm the founder and owner of DeeperBlue.com and i'm the one who generally sets the rules around this little community.

We have had this discussion with members several times in the past. We did have quite a number of french and spanish speakers start communicating in their native tongues in the distant past which caused quite an issue. As a moderated forum there are potential legal ramifications to posts being made and the moderators (called Advisors, Mentors and Team Leaders here) must be able to understand what is being said.

There is also the issue that we start creating a sub-community with our community of only native speakers of other languages. What we found is that the majority of the forum was using English and a small subset was using another language which people felt was excluding them.

Since then we have had an unofficial rule that everyone speaks English on the forums. This isn't codified into the forum rules as I felt it unnecessary whilst everyone followed the unofficial guidelines.

I hope you understand and i'm happy to discuss with you over email or PM if you would like.

Many thanks!

Hi Stephan

As I said to Foxfish I don't have any problems with using only English on this Forum. I think I have enough self control to distinguish when discussions goes out of the point.

Unfortunately still today some people can't control themselves and than you guys have to resolve problems that makes you troubles. I understand this but on the other hand it's unfair for people who wants to communicate just short term statements in their native language.

For me as a new user it would be much honest from the begin that this unofficial rule is included in forum rules. And you are than as a fair & well moderate forum much transparent!

This is really my personal opinion maybe because I'm living in Switzerland and as you now we speak 3 different languages here excluding English and we don't have any problems.

Best Regards many thanks GT

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT