• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jason92

Jul 4, 2017
Hello from the UK! My name is Jason and I'm intrested in spearfishing. I really enjoy fishing with a rod/line and I've been freshwater and saltwater fishing for most of my life. The other week I came across a few videos on youtube of people spearfishing which has really caught my interest and I would love to give it a try. But before I start buying equipment etc, I thought it would be best to ask what is recommended by people who have done it before lol. I've been looking at a set of mask/snorkel/fins done by US divers magellan mask set and was wondering if it's any good? Here's a link to it on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FX-Profle...hash=item43f16bac9d:m:mSwhwGLNqUXiGX67jnEi4jQ

For the moment I'd be happy just snorkeling around till I get the hang of things and then I'll look into getting a speargun and the rest of the stuff needed for it.
Any advice/info would be great, thanks! :)

Just a little update, I've been looking at some more sets and ended up ordering Cressi Pro Star set which has a Cressi Matrix mask, Cressi Pro Star fins and a Cressi Gamma snorkel, which comes with a free bag lol :D Is 90cm a good size for a speargun? From what I read 90cm guns are most popular?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT