• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rooster

Aug 3, 2005
Hi all

My name is Roy and I am a 31 year old Londoner.

I am a PADI Divemaster with 500+ dives and have been scuba diving for around 6 years.

Recently I have become more interested in Freediving and found the site through a review of a S.E.T.T. freediving course.

I am a total novice to freediving and am not looking to break any records, just improve my dynamic apnea times and increase my enjoyment of snorkelling and freediving when in places warmer and sunnier than London!

I expect I will be asking many stupid novice questions on here, so your patience is much appreciated!

Regards

Roy

Welcome. You're in good company in Britain: lot's of good freedivers/spearos and some good clubs.
Peace,
Erik Y.

Welcome Roy, there are lots of good freediving clubs in London.

Lucia

Welcome Roy ! I think that there are not stupid questions here, most if you realize that this could be a dangerous sport , you must ask all the questions you need and all of us will learn more !!

Hiya Roy
Welcome to DB, I think you're like many of us here coming to freediving from scuba,it happens to the best of us eventually and before you know it you're popping out for a quick dive but you cant be bothered carrying all that gear rofl so its just the mask fins and snorkel :D oh and a gun in my case :eek:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT