• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kash

Aug 2, 2006
Hi all,

I just found this site and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from it. I'm new to freediving, in terms of training and actually working to improve my abilities, but ever since I first learned to swim I've spent more time under water than on the surface.

I'm originally from South Africa but living in Lincoln, England at the moment. Anyone know any clubs, courses or freedivers in the Lincoln area?

Greetings, and welcome to the forums? Check in the 'Find a Buddy and Places to Dive' forum. You'll probably have a better chance of finding a buddy or club there. Check out the Deeperblue Freediving courses as well. There's a link on the homepage, I believe.
Enjoy your stay :), feel free to browse, and learn lots.

Hi Kash, welcome to DB. There is also a freedivers club in the UK, (isnt Lincoln "oop north") :) however if you are ever down in the south they have monthly meets and training etc.

See in the forums for the saltfree section.

From which part of SA are you from? Plenty of South Africans lurking about here :D

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome. I certainly will check out the other forums, and doing a course sounds like a great place to start.

Island Sands, Lincoln is indeed "oop north" and unfortunately a bit to far from the beach for an early morning run. I've lived in quite a few places in SA but Durban is home.

K

Reactions: island_sands
Kash,

You will want to speak to the British FreeDiving Association (BFA) as they can help hook you up with other UK FreeDivers in your area. There are plenty of clubs around the UK that can help you train, as well as instructors and courses.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT