• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AaronwithanA

Sep 13, 2007
Hello
Well i have had an interest in free diving for a long time. Honestly i never really thought it was that sane until i recently did a little research, and now im hooked on the idea.
I have been around water my entire life, and free diving seems like so much fun to me. Ive done lots of stuff at 10 and less but have never tryed going deeper than 20ft. Water safety is nothing new to me im a trained life gaurd, and know to respect water.
I plan to just find out as much as i can to safely begin freediving. In my upstate New York(finger lakes) area it seems like something no one does. Scuba diving is not a new idea in my area though. I find it kinda weird. The forums seem to me like a great place to try and learn as much as i can.
-Aaron

hello Aron
i just became a member here but ive been freediving for 10 yrs it sounds like you have a good background and a good mindset do yourself a favor and find a dive partner who is as motivated as you are.

Hey Aaron,

welcome! The buddy situation was about the same for me in the beginning, a shoutout here on DB is likely to bring more than the expected results. :)

Good luck!

Hello Aaron,
I am new to this site and just saw this thread. I live just south of Buffalo and I free dive in Bonaire while on vacation. I also try to get out in my sit-on-top kayak and free dive in lake erie when it's clear. I think the finger lakes, especially Seneca are clear and deep so they would be excellent places to dive in the summer. Let me know your experiences so far.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT