• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MagiKarp

Jan 6, 2008
First of all apologies to those who saw my last topic. It seems my son found it funny to change what I had written to be posted and went ahead and created the topic whilst I was away from my computer.

I'm new to the spearfishing scene here in Guernsey! But I have heard of a decent spot named "The Knife" which I have been too once or twice.

I look forward to replacing this shoddy old speargun I have currently (purchased it at a car boot sale in St. Martins) as it is not the best of choices for a beginner.

If anyone could recommend a suitable choice or even give me a few tips or advice for choosing my first, I would be more than happy :)

Thank you all!

Shaun

Welcome to db Shaun :friday

Well another Guernsey spearo! I think there can't be many more inhabitants left who don't! Have you seen the Guernsey sub forum lover down? You'll find loads of relevant help in there and plenty of mates too :)

Would you like me to delete the other post?

Yes please, delete the other one if you can :) Thank you

I have just posted there saying hello! Hope to meet some new fishing buddies there too!

I'm coming to that time where I need a side hobby which I carry out regularly and I believe this may just be that hobby if all goes well!

Thank you for the greeting!

Shaun

Will do mate.

I see you have found the Guernsey forum :) They are a good bunch in there and have an incredible knowledge base. Yes spearing is a great sport, you can never stop learning or enjoying :)

Hi Shaun, welcome aboard! :)
I guess from your username that you like carp?

Magic carp-shaped harp played by a magic carp? On a magic carpet? :head Sorry, the possibilities boggle the mind.

Welcome to Deeperblue, Shaun :) You are most welcome here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and browse and search to your heart's content. If you have any carp questions, Lucia (naiad) is an expert. If you have harp questions...well, there are 15,000 members, maybe one of them knows something :confused:

Welcome to the forums!

I did an image search for Magikarp, it looks like a koi. :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT