• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hellooooooo from the Falklands / Chile

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Oli

Jun 24, 2005
Hello all,

Just logged in to the site and would like to invite anyone in the Falklands / Chile to get in touch. I'd be very happy to freedive with new buddies in either location.

Would also like to know about underwater hockey in both places - anyone out there???!?!?

Cheerio, Oli.

Helooooooo to you toooooo Oli :)
The Falklands? isnt that Fu-fu-fu-freezing cold?
Welcome to DB :)

Falkland Islands? Dive in the Falkland Islands? :confused: I didn't know that anyone sold 50mm wetsuits. Ay, tantos cojones!

50 mm? Would that be steel or fiberglass belted? Radial or Bias Ply?

No kidding. Gotta be cold enough to freeze neoprene. To they make wetsuits for wetsuits?

I'd be afraid of breaking off ears and fingers while towling off. And I thought I was a polar bear. More power to you, folks. That makes me want to go outside and sunbathe.

I'm pretty sure the water in the falklands is around 8C in summer and 3C in winter, but correct me if I'm wrong.

but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's safe to say that I'll only correct people who do LESS research than me. Ha Ha Ha. The day I correct Big E is the day I am stolen away by flying pigs.

Wow, lots of messages!! I didn't expect that...

Yep the water is fu fu fu freezing and at the moment about 2 degrees... Better viz in winter though! Just a double 7mm neo does thr trick - feels better than the quarry north of Aberdeen!

Cheers... Oli.

do you mean Boddam quarry? i've been there, it's a great place to just potter about. Boddam quarry is a regular haunt of Ben Gowland, who lives in Aberdeen (nearer to Ellon in fact).

small world.

Oli said:
Hello all,

Just logged in to the site and would like to invite anyone in the Falklands / Chile to get in touch. I'd be very happy to freedive with new buddies in either location.

Would also like to know about underwater hockey in both places - anyone out there???!?!?

Cheerio, Oli.

hola/hello Oli!!

big brass ones living down there in the Malvinas/Falklands... jejejejejjeje

thanks for stopping in...welcome to Deeper Blue!

Hi Alun,

Yep Boddum - couldn't remember the name. It was the marvellous Ben G who taught me to freedive!! Some time in 1999/2000 I think. Is he still there? I've lost contact numbers....

Reactions: Ben Gowland
yes, the marvellous Ben is still living in that area and is even a member of this forum! do a member search for his name. you could send him a PM to re-establish contact.

Hello Ben - long time no see and all that.. Very new to the forum but I found it whilst looking for info on freediving in Chile. I thought if I'll be there soon I should find out what the scene is. Sounds pretty damn good to me - fancy a holiday when I get there??

Look forward to having a natter soon - I was in GB recently but didn't have your number. Best wishes to Fiona and your fine hound!

Oli.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT