• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help for static

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
I just started to do static training ( three days ago ) and feel lazy to search and read all the stuff again. Just asking for basic tips... Should i exhale or keep my breath till last second which i am currently doing... But after some time the pressure really get annoying have to force my tongue to keep the air inside:hmm

I am now practicing table b from freediver.co.uk is this good for begining? or they are better ways/programs to start with?

My start table three days ago was this

Intro: 40 seconds
* Max breath hold: 120 seconds
Increase breath hold time by: 15seconds
Rest period: 120 seconds

Now i am doing this

Intro: 40 seconds
* Max breath hold: 160 seconds
Increase breath hold time by: 15seconds
Rest period: 150 seconds

Any help about anything either for style/technique or for tables will appreciated.

I think the table A is as important as the table B. Co2 tolerance is very important for static as most people don't have the Co2 tolerance necessary to hold to BO/Samba, myself included! I used to do only the table B, but now I do the table A more often. I'm starting to think that things like apnea push-ups, squats ect. build statics faster than any of the tables anyway.

In any case, the tables are good. Your finishing hold in the table B should be somewhere close to your max hold, but still a chalenge. Table A I use hold times of around half of my table B max hold.

My .02 cents!
Aaron

Thanks Aaron, i am using table b to increase max breath hold. I increase the rest period to increase max breath hold time. After i reach the point that i can not go any further i will try table a to increase the perfromance...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT