• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

help me design my bag...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Yes, I talked with a local company and took a great price for a diving bag. They will do wather I want! size, material, pockets....

Tell me what are the critical points of a hunting bag.

My first sketch is attached. dont hesitate to add your comment please, I want the most practical bag ;)

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 429
Hi!

Great idea :)
All ideas are welcome and we are able to produce this kind of bags if you are interested.

Jyri

I know many people can produce and I find one producer already :D. I want your precioussss ideas about developing the design! :)

My suggestion: Put the fin section in the middle so that the precious, precious fins get as much protection from those ham fisted airport baggage machines as possible. I pack my suitcase so my fins are in the middle, with clothes either side...;)

so here is the updated sketc in light of your ideas :D

In both alterantives fins are in the middle but one of them gives seperate "thinner" pockets for each fin. Do you think its overkill?

gimme more ideas! :D

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 371
This would be my ideal design.. if i ever found anyone to make it! I'd have two compartments on one side long enough to take a gun each.. both padded with a reinforced end (spear tip) and either the handles not covered but secured with a velcro strap or covered. Maybe these could incorporate plastic tubing too to stop the guns getting squished. In the middle would be my suit section, maybe split in two to have a waterproof dry section for clothes etc and a seperate waterproof section for the suit.. possibly with drain holes so it doesnt sit in a puddle when wet. on the other side of this two fin pockets.. end to end well padded maybe with reinforced plastic strips to precent crushing and foot pockets either covered or not like the guns. I'd have accesory pockets either end with one designed specifically for the mask.. maybe soft inside so not to get scratched. Other than that the possibility of locking it (maybe the zips to a reinforced loop?) and a good shoulder and hand carrying handles. Reckon that would do it... oh and some of those little plastic feet things and a strong bottom so it wont rip or get scrapped about. Anyone wanna make it?!!
God it would be huge!

:D it will definately be huge! Well If its ok for you I'll use your material ideas in my design..
- a water proof section for suit
- padded accesory pockets for fragile materials (mask,camera...)
- Drain holes are also very well thought :cool:

Last edited:
By all means use the ideas! and thanks for the compliment.. can you tell i have thought about this a lot! Let us know how it turns out and post some photos.. what do you reckon the dimensions will be?
Cheers
Joe

Reactions: Memo
After I get some more feedbacks from the board, I'll order it immediately :). Pictures will follow it very soon :D

this bag will be the optimum spero bag :D not bad idea huh?

well about the dimensions, the long side will be about 95cm and the height of it will be 25- 30cm. the width will vary with the ideas coming from the board :)

I'm really happy to have the opportunity of getting some valuable ideas! :D

Protection pad on the base, then accecories section then fin section, then wetsuit. Outer side zip pockets to easy access the little things, such as shooting line, spare wishbone, floper....You can also think to put inflatable float somewhere in the bag..

our design is evolving than :D

I also thought accesory pockets as zip pockets.

well here is the latest state of the design! the dashed line shows that it might be 2 section or not :)

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 350
Do you intend on having the fins in the same way or end to end? I would prefer end to end as they sit nicer. As for how to get into the compartments.. i'd say zips or fold over flaps and poppers for the accessory pockets.. maybe a preference for the fold over as it would keep water out to an extent. will the fins be fastened in or held by friction? and in the wetsuit compartment i'd use a wrap around zip on the top over 3 sides of the compartment so the lid can be opened as wide as possible.. Oh and do you spear and if so is there going to be provision for your guns?
Reckon you might have a market for these! Out of interest how much is it going to cost you to have made.. if you dont mind me asking? and do they export to the UK!?

Fins will sit end to end. About accesory pockets, they might have wrap around 3 sided zip from the side or might have a single zip on top.

Speargun bag is just another project :D wait for it after finishing the diving bag. The price of the bag varies with complexit yof the design for sure, but it will be no where near a branded design, I'll tell all the financial details after I get the exact numbers from the producer ;)

Lets first see if it will be a nice design, production alltogether :)

I added the zip ideas into the sketch as well. 3 sided wrap around zip for wetsuit section, single line zip for fin sections.

I'm thinking about the accesory section zips as they might be both zip or fold over type....

purple lines are zips :D

--- our fin section is not divided into 2 for each fin anymore.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 319
I always carry some extra weights with me and they are a pain in the a$$. They would pile up in one end of the bag and would scratch everything! I'd put some weight pockets on that bag. Those can be placed on the bottom.

I'd also try and make some extra detacheable accessories pockets.

Now I wouldn't make tis a gun bag too, but some straps for guns and shaft cases wouldn be a bad idea I think.

And you're not discussing a very important item - the shoulder strap! It should be covered with some soft material and wide. What I hate most is the feeling of a rough thin strap on my shoulder, especially when sun burned! :)

Cheers!

yes you're absolutely right about the straps, they will be reinforced and soft. I also thought about the detachable extra pockets and come with the following sketch.

The accesory pockets could be used as spare weight pockets if I make some hard bottom lining to them.

Well I'm really happy to get creative ideas :D

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 257
Wow the design is looking great i might have to start looking here in the UK for someone who can make me one up... thinking about it a seperate gun bag is the way to go but you could add two or three elasticated or adjustable hoops on one side to attach your gun bag to the main bag for when you are moving everything at once. Hadnt thought of the weight pockets but its a good point.. id consider them lined with fiberglass or something similar.. mmmmm maybe i could buy the materials and knock one up myself.. now if only i could sew!!
Joe

Wow the design is looking great i might have to start looking here in the UK for someone who can make me one up... thinking about it a seperate gun bag is the way to go but you could add two or three elasticated or adjustable hoops on one side to attach your gun bag to the main bag for when you are moving everything at once. Hadnt thought of the weight pockets but its a good point.. id consider them lined with fiberglass or something similar.. mmmmm maybe i could buy the materials and knock one up myself.. now if only i could sew!!
Joe

straps, hoops are all minor details once the design is shaped I'll concentrate on them

Hey memo you can add straps to the side of bag to carry spearguns, just like cressi has. But ii don't see any usefull point of doing that....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT