• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help me to pick the best one

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

QcBoy

Jun 12, 2010
Hi,

I want to buy a wetsuit but even if I read a tons of guides
I am still not sure between these 4 :

I am in Canada (Québec) so the water is not that cold in the summer

Beuchat Mundial Camo Green 3.5mm

Beuchat Mundial Camo Vert 3.5 mm Ensemble. Combinaisons Apnee, Scubastore.com, Acheter, Offres, plongee

Cressi Tecnica Ultraspan 3.5mm 2010

Cressi Tecnica Ultraspan 3.5mm 2010. Suits Apnea, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

Omer Team Titanium 3 mm

Omer Team Titanium 3 mm. Suits Apnea, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

Mares Instinct 35 3.5 mm

Mares Instinct 35 3.5 mm. Combinaisons Apnee, Scubastore.com, Acheter, Offres, plongee

Thanks for help guys :)

I would of thought a 5mm would be more suitable?
What is the average summer temp?

foxfish has a point, are you sure you want only a 3mm? almost certainly you want 5mm. either way here is a tip: for 189.95 , you can have a custom suit made in greece. google diveskin. i have one of his suits. they are spectacular. and since you will spend more for "off the rack" it makes good sense. he gives you many choices of color and liner. the shipping is like 25$ and it takes maybe 2 weeks to come to u.s. ,(canada is close) you give him like 20 measurements on your body and he cuts it custom. they fit so well. its so much better than off the rack. i have had many suits over the years, this one is in a league of its own. i would pay double for another one if necessary.

Average air temperatures goes from 26 to 16°C (afternoon -> nighttime ) in the summer

Hard to find an average water temperatures but I think it goes from 75 to 65°F (surface to bottom) in the summer

I think i will get this one because I dont want a camo wetsuit...

http://www.diveskin.net/shop/index.php?p=productsMore&iProduct=5

Should I get a 5mm or 3mm?
Interior nylon or slick?
Built in or detached hood?
Do I give my exact measurements (I know wetsuit extant in water) or ...?
What kind of stitches DiveSkin use, are they durable?
Anything else I should know before I order?

thanks againt!

Last edited:
Dive skin have a great reputation & many db members use them.

You want a 5mm suit with attached hood, if you choose an unlined suit you will need lubrication to don the suit but most folk will recommend this type of interior because they feel it is the warmest option.

However some folk are very happy with their nylon lined suits as they are more durable & easier to don.

I will have a quick search for more info ......
Here is a link to a thread that I started http://forums.deeperblue.com/wetsuits/80555-question-about-lined-suits.html

Last edited:
I know this is a thicker suit but I love my 7mm Beuchat Mundial Competition. I dive in 48-52 degree f water and some 38-45 degree water and had a great experience. I will most likely stay with Beuchat suits.

I just order a costum wetsuit from DiveSkin, I will give you feedback as soon as possible...

I just order a costum wetsuit from DiveSkin, I will give you feedback as soon as possible...

I don't think you'll regret getting a custom suit. I have a 3mm custom Ellios that I can dive in even very cold water. I prefer the custom 7mm for longer days in the water, but I think that a custom 3mm suit is better than an off-shelf 5mm. And a custom 5mm is better than an off-shelf 7mm, etc etc.

Your suit is your most important investment!

Bonne chance,
Erik

When it says "slick" interior": does he mean open cell?
Anybody knows if he deliveres to Bali?

Slick must mean smooth ie not nylon lined, so requiring lubricant to get the suit on.
The guys are quick to answer mails so just ask about sending to Bali.

I don't think you'll regret getting a custom suit. I have a 3mm custom Ellios that I can dive in even very cold water. I prefer the custom 7mm for longer days in the water, but I think that a custom 3mm suit is better than an off-shelf 5mm. And a custom 5mm is better than an off-shelf 7mm, etc etc.

Your suit is your most important investment!

Bonne chance,
Erik
You are the man:friday.I've got the custom elios wetsuit and I can stay in the water forever.Uk water are very cold (for me) but I've been up to 8 hours into the blue with no problems,Have to get out becouse I was tired!!

Reactions: Erik
Hi,

I want to buy a wetsuit but even if I read a tons of guides
I am still not sure between these 4 :

I am in Canada (Québec) so the water is not that cold in the summer

Beuchat Mundial Camo Green 3.5mm

Beuchat Mundial Camo Vert 3.5 mm Ensemble. Combinaisons Apnee, Scubastore.com, Acheter, Offres, plongee

Cressi Tecnica Ultraspan 3.5mm 2010

Cressi Tecnica Ultraspan 3.5mm 2010. Suits Apnea, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

Omer Team Titanium 3 mm

Omer Team Titanium 3 mm. Suits Apnea, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

Mares Instinct 35 3.5 mm

Mares Instinct 35 3.5 mm. Combinaisons Apnee, Scubastore.com, Acheter, Offres, plongee

Thanks for help guys :)
You mentioned all good makes all good first class neoprene just make sure about the tickness (very important) and how long you want to be in the water.:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT