• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help on 115 Beauchat Marlin Carbone Elite

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

neil spiteri

Sep 3, 2013
Hi, i am neil from Malta. I'm in hand with a 115 Beauchat Marlin Carbone Elite and i need some advise regards wich rubber bands sizes should I use. I have 2x16mm bands and a 7mm Salvimar. I do not have at least 3m accurate shot. Maybe i need some help with band measurments. Please help cause its very fustrating loosing fish.

You want 3X to 3.5X stretch. That works out to 66 cm for 3.5X up to 77 cm for 3X. That is the range that works best. Less stretch and you won't be getting enough power. Above that and you actually lose power by overstretching.

Thanks, you think im doing fine with a 7mm shaft? Or maybe i need only 1x18mm band? whould you suggest changing the muzzle cause some people are saying that the stainles steel part is like sh*t. If I am to use 2x16mm bands with 350% stretch like you suggested, do you think i will have at least 4m range shot.

Thanks for the help.
Neil From Malta

The 7 mm sahft should be fine, unless you're spearing big tuna or marlin.

I use 2 X 14 on a Rob Allen 110 I ahve with a 7 mm shaft. Very accurate setup. Two 16 mm bands at 3X should work really well.

I'm using an 18 mm band on a RA 90 that is also very accurate, with a 6.5 mm shaft.

I have never handled a Beuchat with the new muzzle, so can't comment.

Accuracy is a function of several things;
the trigger
your aim
how straight the shaft is
the gun itself

4 m is a pretty long shot from the end of the gun, soyou will be losing power by that far out, but should work

Hi
I have the same gun in the same lengh, it shoots pretty well with one 19mm band (Cressi G20) at 300% stretch. I dont have any problems with the muzzle, but I also have a thinner spear 6,5mm.

TBB

Thanks for helping hteas and TBB

@ TBB

I will try with the 19mm @ 300% stretch. Though you need some good effort to load. I have two questions please. Since you have an identical speargun, How do you line the shaft, with a sleeve or with a knot (from the second whole from the eye). And regards the Stainless steel muzzle, did you opened a little bit of the muzzle so that the shaft enters loose or you clip it (therefore enters tight).

Thanks for the help,

Neil

I rig my gun pretty much as it came from Beuchat, wich is with monofilament and and sleeves from the back of the spear. I havent done anything to the muzzle, but as i said i am also running the same size spear as the standard one.
The only mods i have made is: Sharkfin spear, G20 bands (Just because i bought a lot at one point and are using it on all my guns) and i made a home made bungee bacause the original one had to much metal banging on the barrel of the gun and made a lot of noise.

So my gun is pretty much as standard, and i dont think the 19mm bands is much more difficult to load.

TBB

Thanks for all your help, its been a lot.

i will put away my 7mm shaft for now and put on a 6.5mm with 1x 19mm with a 300% stretch (will be like 70 cm) no?. I am also doing with a sharkfin right now. how's your spearfishing with this gun? you have some range with it? And with the muzzle part you left it clipped.

sorry to bother you, but its been helpful.

Thanks,

Neil

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT