• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help on converting to a roller gun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lawstraljan16

Jul 9, 2012
Hi I currently have a 95cm Beuchat Marlin Elite and am thinking about converting my gun into a roller gun.

I'd like to change my barrel into a wooden one (Teak) and expand to a 110cm and would like to know if any of you could give me any advice on which form I should take that would be best for manuoverability, durability and lightness?

Also, what roller head should I purchase to convert into a rollergun? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

There are a few conversions around, you could try the search button as this has been discussed before.
You might as well build a new gun though!

From looking into them, I'd recommend the Alemanni roller head - it looks great:

Kit rotelle su boccole o cuscinetti « Alemanni – Arbaleti, rollers e articoli subacquei per la pesca sportiva in oceano o mar mediterraneo

Have a search on YouTube and you'll see a lot of people using them with great success.

Why do you want to change the barrel to teak? Seems like a massive amount of bother. You can buy some stunning carbon barrels for relatively cheap - Dessault do them but if you want to go for something really special, check out Nitrosub in Turkey... The most beautiful carbon barrels at amazing prices!

Carbon Tube

Reactions: foxfish
Hi I currently have a 95cm Beuchat Marlin Elite and am thinking about converting my gun into a roller gun.

I'd like to change my barrel into a wooden one (Teak) and expand to a 110cm and would like to know if any of you could give me any advice on which form I should take that would be best for manuoverability, durability and lightness?

If you use roller head on your 95 beuchat marlin you can get more valuable power and increases the range, comparable to a cm110. You can ask to Alemanni sub the right adaptator of your tube after measured the inside hool or if you like you can hold on the same kit on teak .
You can mount it on a drum of teak after making a hole in the seat and molded with epoxy resin. You will have istructions to calculate the rubbers and see what fun...

From looking into them, I'd recommend the Alemanni roller head - it looks great:

Kit rotelle su boccole o cuscinetti « Alemanni – Arbaleti, rollers e articoli subacquei per la pesca sportiva in oceano o mar mediterraneo

Have a search on YouTube and you'll see a lot of people using them with great success.

Why do you want to change the barrel to teak? Seems like a massive amount of bother. You can buy some stunning carbon barrels for relatively cheap - Dessault do them but if you want to go for something really special, check out Nitrosub in Turkey... The most beautiful carbon barrels at amazing prices!

Carbon Tube

Thanks but I cant understand anything o that size, its in trkish

Thanks but I cant understand anything o that size, its in trkish

Seriously? Try using a proper browser, like Google Chrome and it will translate everything for you.

The prices are shown in Turkish Lira, Google MAY translate the currency symbol into whatever your home currency is so don't let that catch you out. Send them an email, they speak good English.

I was using my iPhone, when I get home I'll try from a desktop Pc. Thanks :) happy holidays

you can use kit roller standard Alemanni , you can ask for set up and shaft.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT