• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help with Pony bottle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mcksci

Jan 10, 2003
I'm in the process of getting a pony bottle set up to attach to my single
aluminum 80 and would like some advice on mounting systems

I bought a Bottlebuddy

I bought a bottleBuddy. It installs once on the main and once on the pony. Then they just slide together and lock. They undo just as quick. They are pretty solid and very safe. You can buy them online at their website. www.scubabottlebuddy.com
Jack

check out www.sea-lutions.com/ponease

this mounting system is really great in that it does not permanently mount to any particular main bottle and can be changed from one rig to the next in seconds becasue it mounts to the tank strap....not the tank. it can be used with rentals or your own tanks. plus you can mount the bottle valve up or down depending on your diving methods.

i have one and just love it. of course there are about 20 different brands out there....look around and see what fits you.

Pony Size

First, how big is your pony bottle?

Second, are you planning to use it as a back up or as a stage bottle?

If you are planning to use it as a stage then hard mounting it to your primary may not be your best move. Good luck! :D

either way I'd stage rig it - there should be an old thread about this. sooo much more comfortable/safe

Once again, I agree with Amphibious, stage rig your bottle, don't use those mounts attached to your tank. Your better off with a 30 or 40 cft tank as a stage config. Think about entanglement hassels you can have and the trouble undoing underwater, let alone the gas you have is little to none anyway. Oh well,Its only my opinion.

YID: CAPT. Tom YERIAN

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT