• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

help with suit please

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PROWLER

Oct 18, 2009
Hi, im after a made to measure two piece suit ( farmer john style and a top )
can anyone recommend a shop pref in the uk as p+p prices seem very high atm, (i live in uk ). Off the shelf suits all seem either to short or long
enough but to wide , im tall and skinney, :)
Please help, thanks in advance..

Thanks fishfox , iv sent them an email for a quote for a custom made,
cheers all the best..

I think there are a few UK bases MTM suit manufactures but they mainly deal in scuba wet suits and neoprene dry suits. Robin Hood watersports springs to mind.

Apart from the non freediving/spearing aspect there's the cost. Pretty sure there was nothing under £300 last time I looked. Shipping is not too bad from the internet companies. I have a MTM from diveskin as mentioned above. They're based in Greece and my MTM cammo suit bought 2 years ago was well under £200 delivered. Good suit too.

Dave.

how is your suit holding up and whats it like for warmth?
I seem to remember a thread on here , is your suit nylon lined ?
cheers omd

O yes definitely plenty custom surf suits too, I had one made by a Cornish company called second skin but not as good as an attached hood spearo suite.
I prefer the long johns myself, my present suit has just high waist bottoms but they tend to fold over when I don the jacket.
Yep Dave has a interior lined suit - definitely pros & cons for either lined & unlined suits.
I think a lined version is what I will go with next but I am not a winter diver.

My suit is made to measure from 5mm medium density nylon lined inside and out with seals on wrist ankle and hood. Style is standard spear with no zips, hood attached jacket and long john trousers.

I do max 2 hour dives and use a 2mm under vest beginning and end of season. Works fine for me. I was fed up of lined outer only spearo suits falling to bits after a couple of seasons. Two seasons on this present suit seems as good as when I got it. I scuba in it as well (with vest) and do 100+ dives per year.

Dave.

Well iv ordered my new wetsuit today from Spiros (www.oceanoswetsuits.com)
Just have to wait now, i cant believe the price for mtm , i thought price was in euros
but its in USD, cant fault it. I,ll let you know what its like when it arrives.

hey man thought you might want to look at this wetsuit, i just got one and to be honest i love it loads of movement and yes it is a one piece but it has made up for it in a few new mods and well i love it.
just thought you might want to check it out
Orca Free Male, FREE, WETSUITS at Orca

Apoxz

Hi Apoxz, nice looking suit , is yours a 2mm as shown? most of the guys in the uk use 5mm, it also looks a tad expensive to me, so long as it keeps you warm thats the main thing, Mine,s still in production mode atm , i wanted a 2 piece so i could just wear either top or bottom when i use my kayak, or both when spearfishing,
catch you later dude
prowler

Reactions: foxfish
hey prowler

yeah man 2mm well i have been freediving in just my boardshorts so it's nice and warm lol.
it is an awesome bit of kit though, hey you going to go to the summer camp in malta?
if the army gives me the time i'm going to go....if they give it to me that is.

Apoxz

No mate , no summer camp for me ,work and family commitments, hope you get time off
all the best
Prowler

Well my suit arrived today , tried it on (as you do when mrs is at work) it fits like a pocket on a shirt (perfect) and I was given a nice pair of socks. I would recommend oceanos wetsuits anyday. I,ll see if i can get a pic on here. All I need now is some decent weather, and the sea to calm down alot...
Prowler

Great mate, thanks for letting us know just how quick their service is!

Not sure of exact dates, all i know my suit was shipped on the 14th july, 5 days from Greece aint bad, EMAILS are a different story though , it took a massive 6MINS to reply one of them may have been quicker. Best customer service ever...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT