• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Herbert Nitsch 214m News from Greece

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sky Sports the 24 minute documentary on the dive is next Tuesday July 3rd at 4.30 PM - Also will play two or three more times that day. The title is "THE GREATEST FREEDIVER"

The 40 minute version with paint-ball and Alki's hairy but toned bottom will be available on FilmOn.com in the near future.

Huge respect to Herbert for posting on this thread as it would have been much easier and safer to say nothing. In or out of the water you are a giant of a human being!!:friday

Congrats Alki on getting it on Sky and I will buy that doco as soon as you make it available ....please make a version that has your hairy arse left on the cutting room floor.:)

Whoever won the eBay auction for the Eqex....I would happily pay 2-3 times the auction price for it...please please please!

More good news!!!! I have just spoken to Herbert on his mobile, and will be interviewing him at 8pm South African time tonight. I will let you know when the interview will be ready for listerning!

Regards

Jeff

Herbert's GREATEST FREEDIVER - Freediver Show airs today

Tuesday July 24th

4.00 Sky Sports Extra
18.30 Sky sports Extra
23.00 Sky Sports Extra
3 am Sky Sports Extra

Wed 25th August

900 Sky Sports 2
14.00 Sky Sports 3

Just a small note after reading back all the messages in this thread. I know it is a little to late but I felt I must express my thoughts.

I am no big fan of NLT and I think the whole "media time shift" could have been organised better (why not tell the community immediately after the record and play the trick just with the media - they want a story, they would not care much even if they knew they are filming a fake, very often they do it themselves). And I liked the comparison F1/Marathon to NLT/CNF or CWT (I hate F1!).

But if Michael Schumacher would also win the olympic or WC marathon run (CWT in Herbert's case):
a) I would start watching F1
b) Marathon would be much more popular.

All respect to Herbert and the team.

Did anyone record the documentaries on Sky Sports?

Alki - will you be releasing a DVD of the record for people to buy?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT