• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hey everyone

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

delfin_1

Jan 15, 2005
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself to DB -

My name's Will- I'm from New York City. What a terrific forum! Thanks to those who created it. I've been a lurker here mostly... looking through various threads from time to time, and visiting frequently... but I do regret not having registered until now. I guess my hope here is to break some of the stereotypes about whether or not NY'ers can be kind and down to Earth, and to try to relate with as many of you as would care to do the same...

Like what sure seems like most of you, I feel a deep respect for our mother ocean, for the uniqueness and diversity of every living thing, and for the unbelievable natural wonder of this planet as a whole. I live in Manhattan, so especially now during the winter when it can get pretty nasty out, or when I can't get away from work even for a bit, I'll take comfort from being able to read the experiences/pics the members of this forum have decided to share, and of course from being able to post my own happenings from time to time... I haven't added many more experiences to my ~20 dives since an Open Water Cert in the Philippines, so unfortunately for me I'd probably be no more than a novice diver in comparison to most... But at least I hope to add a few dives in the Galapagos when visiting my parent's homeland this summer... and maybe even a little surfing here and there if i'm lucky. :)

Looking forward to doing some more reading here, and having some fun things to share in the future as well... Cheers!

-Will

Last edited:
delfin_1 said:
I guess my hope here is to break some of the stereotypes about whether or not NY'ers can be kind and down to Earth

Looking forward to doing some more reading here, and having some fun things to share in the future as well... Cheers!
New Yorkers have been stereotyped? No your being paranoid its just folks from Manhatten rofl (only joking ;))
Welcome Will :)

Alison said:
New Yorkers have been stereotyped? No your being paranoid its just folks from Manhatten rofl (only joking ;))
Welcome Will :)
Hey... I could've sworn Brooklynites got the shaft every now and then too! Or... maybe not... lol ;)

Thanks to all for the greetings :)

Salud!

-W

che pibe bienvenido y mucho gosto
equador es un logar re bonito !!!!!!

enjoy reading and posting

desde mar mediterraneo costa israel :)
eyal

mundial said:
che pibe bienvenido y mucho gosto
equador es un logar re bonito !!!!!!

Che pibe?? rofl rofl

You remind of an Argentinian friend of mine who came to visit me in Barcelona... he was calling the waiters "che flaco" all time... too funny!!! (the Catalan waiter was not suitably impressed) :hmm

Poida said:
Hi Delfin
Is this New York language every one is speaking?

Poida it's Spanish.. but Spanish is spoken in so many different ways from country to country...

e.g. meet someone from Wanneroo and introduce them to someone from Arkansas...

But, but, but, I've seen the movies about New York and they didn't speak Spanish.
They sorta went "shore boss, wamme to waste de broad."

jeez... with the way i feel right now it would be the other way around!

********** DB NEWS Heading*****

Broad ties 20kg weightbelt to boss in Maldives and leaves at dropoff

island_sands said:
Che pibe?? rofl rofl

You remind of an Argentinian friend of mine who came to visit me in Barcelona... he was calling the waiters "che flaco" all time... too funny!!! (the Catalan waiter was not suitably impressed) :hmm
rofl rofl
i am speaking like the argentinians beacuse i like the way they say things
i have got a lot off argentinian friends and i had a cooking meat course
in the argentinian great asado way......
i had to see the waiters face when your friend called him "che flaco"

Last edited:
mundial said:
rofl rofl
i am speaking like the argentinians beacuse i like the way they say things
i have got a lot off argentinian friends and i had a cooking meat course
i had to see the waiters face when your friend called him "che flaco"

Asados! yum!

yeah the waiter's face just dropped to the floor.. he was just short of saying something like "heathen" !

Last edited:
mundial said:
i had a cooking meat course
I hope you are going to post some of your recipes in the recipe section along with any special instructions :D That really sounds good

Alison said:
I hope you are going to post some of your recipes in the recipe section along with any special instructions :D That really sounds good

watch out for the argentinian asados...i went to Argentina as an exchange student when i was 17...

went at 53kg
returned at 68kg

aiiiii por favor.... que buennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooo!

the entraña cut is the best for me.. mmmmmm

Last edited:
sorry didnt ment to...... :duh
asado thing emmmm ......let me see...........
bife ancho (4 kilo in 3 hours on carbon!!!!!!)
costillas de ternera (ville brest in 90min on carbon )
:friday with a lot of vine :)

Attachments

• asado 2.JPG
    asado 2.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 201
  • as.JPG
    as.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT