• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Heya..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pacific

May 10, 2006
Hey everyone. I've actually been reading on DB for about.. 2 months now and i finally decided to join. It finally came to me instead of just reading, i could ask questions and stuff. Soo yeah.

here's some things that i plan on improving. =)

static dry: ~2:00
static wet: ~2:30
DNF: ~25m [horizontal, not vertical. sorry for not clarifying.]

Over the summer, i'll be working as a lifegaurd and I have the oppurtunity to practice before/after opening & closing hours.. These stats were all pre-knowledge of freediving and i just can't wait to try some of the relaxation techniques I've read about & practiced.

I'm on my schools swim team and i was wondering if that in anyway contributes? Or do i just burn up my oxygen supply with all the muscle usage?
I usually go:
deep breaths- kick - streamline - freestyle to the end of the pool - flip- breathe.. does this is anyway help?

Last edited:
Re: Heya.. wat's dat?

Hey Pacific... I just found this site, so I joined.... curious what wet and dry means? looks like maybe breatholding times? Are you a competition diver... just curious! I just love the water and love to see what's down there...

Re: Heya.. wat's dat?

k2steeldrums said:
Hey Pacific... I just found this site, so I joined.... curious what wet and dry means? looks like maybe breatholding times? Are you a competition diver... just curious! I just love the water and love to see what's down there...

Hey there, nice to know there's more new people such as myself. =)
Anyways, off to the good part:

wet: in water
dry: land

and i guess you could say im a bit of a competition diver.. im only 15 though, however, whenever there's underwater distance swimming competitions at the pools i go to, im there. I try my best, win or lose, I walk out knowing i gave it my all and that's what matters.

Hopefully, when im older, more experienced, and have a better job, I'll be able to go out and grab the bull by the horns.

I love the water aswell, the oceans in NJ are horrible, all green and low field of vision.. hopefully, one day, I'll be able to go clear water diving in the Carribean.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT