• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi Everybody! 65 year old male here. 2 Day freediving course, August 7/8th. Excited!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

casitagosouth

Jul 5, 2021
Have signed up for a 2 day PADI FREEDIVER Level 1class. Instructor is Bob Fanok. His web site is Blue Water Freedivers. Set for August 7/8 2021. I'm excited and ready to go! My desire is to explore the natural springs of Florida. A new world to me.

hi casitago,

Enjoy your course! Freediving is something you can do till you are dead. I'm 71 and have seen no significant decline in ability (stamina isn't as good, though) Get to Buford Sink if you can, best dive in the state.

hi casitago,

Enjoy your course! Freediving is something you can do till you are dead. I'm 71 and have seen no significant decline in ability (stamina isn't as good, though) Get to Buford Sink if you can, best dive in the state.
Thank you, cdavis for the positive reply. Could you recommend any dive shops that carry freediving wetsuits? Tallahassee has none. Pensacola? Where did you purchase your wetsuit? Again, thank you for your reply.

You will probably have to get down to south Florida, where there are a lot of freedivers, Florida Freedivers{Palm Beach) is a shop I've used with good results. Tampa might have something. My main suit is an Elios custom, Italian and super quality. For less warm duty, I buy surfer stuff by O'Neil. They actually fit me pretty well. Mostly, if you are an odd size(especially if you are skinny), you will not be able to find a good fitting, off the shelf suit. In your case it makes little sense to spend a huge chunk of $ on a custom. Buy something fairly cheap and do enough diving to figure out what you want long term.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT