• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi everybody!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

oferdegi

Process Oriented
Sep 29, 2005
The thingie on top of this page that keeps reminding me "...you have never posted to our site before!" will finally have its way - after weeks of reading through this wonderful community, enjoying the accumulated wisdom and humour, I'll just have to overcome my natural shyness and introduce myself:
So hi everybody, I'm Ofer, occasional snorkeler and onetime sailing bum. Currently I'm very enthusiastic about monofin swimming/snorkeling - just learning the movements with bi-fins and looking to buy my first fin and maybe buddy up with people of like interest (or anybody in my neck of the woods who likes to go out into the blue on a day like this and just feels like staying there forever).
Calm seas and great diving to you all,
Ofer

oferdegi said:
The thingie on top of this page that keeps reminding me "...you have never posted to our site before!" will finally have its way - after weeks of reading through this wonderful community, enjoying the accumulated wisdom and humour, I'll just have to overcome my natural shyness and introduce myself:
So hi everybody, I'm Ofer, occasional snorkeler and onetime sailing bum. Currently I'm very enthusiastic about monofin swimming/snorkeling - just learning the movements with bi-fins and looking to buy my first fin and maybe buddy up with people of like interest (or anybody in my neck of the woods who likes to go out into the blue on a day like this and just feels like staying there forever).
Calm seas and great diving to you all,
Ofer

hi Ofer! where are you from? From which ocean do you hail? Welcome to DB anyway, good to have you here. :)

Thanks! I'm from Tel Aviv. Did quite a bit of sailing/snorkeling/spearfishing in the Pacific, but that was on another lifetime. What's the weather like on your side of the arabian landmass? Here it's such a great time of year!

oferdegi said:
Thanks! I'm from Tel Aviv. Did quite a bit of sailing/snorkeling/spearfishing in the Pacific, but that was on another lifetime. What's the weather like on your side of the arabian landmass? Here it's such a great time of year!

oh i tell you its cooling down now finally!! its now 30deg at night which makes a huge difference.. don't have to have the air conditioning on so much which is easing off the electricity bills a bit :)

the sea is a bit rough at the mo' :( been running on the beach now that you can actually breathe outside, the sea air is great but it's a little green :( don't know whether its due to the dredging in Dubai or whether it the green monster current.

Looking forward to november to march period when it actually gets down to 20 deg sometimes and we can enjoy some outside dining without pouring with sweat :D

Tel Aviv eh? have you been in contact with Deep Thought?

Green monster current? You're kidding! Any pictures? Heat is a bitch - I sympathise - here it's like 28 deg. and going down, with the occasional 2-3 day heat wave. What sort of temperature do you have in the water? DeepThought tipped me earlier on about some monofin swimmers around here - I'll try them out.
BTW - I love your motto. I'd like to live up to it, or die in the attempt.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT