• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi everyone, From Malaysia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nm_nikma

Apr 29, 2008
This is my first entry. I'm Nik. I live in Malaysia. Just recently I add spearfishing into my hobby. I enjoy fishing, but spearfishing is definitely DIFFERENT! (I can choose to get bigger fish - NO MORE LUCK!) Well I guess that's enough for now.

Nik, I know for a fact spearfishing is illegal in Malaysia. BUT occasionally some of us go up there to shoot some. Money talks eh. Whereabouts are you located?

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Hi there Salibandy,

Yeah its illegal in Malaysia. But I am not using my speargun for criminal activities. I think the law its a little bit ridiculous. Its actually illegal to spearfishing in the Marine Park area, and to own a speargun you need a license from the Royal Malaysia Police, because they consider anything with trigger mechanism which can kill will definitely can cause some sort of threat to the public at large. So they need to control them. And yes, I am in the process of applying one license for my speargun, and hopefully it will be approved because I already have one firearm license. And I only spear fish around my island, so not really disturbing other people. Located? Kuala Lumpur.

By the way, where are you located?

I'm located south of you. In sunny Singapore, Malaysia's age old arch nemesis. Haha. From which island do you spear off?

Here in Singapore, one needs to apply for a license to own a speargun too. It is not illegal to spear around the local waters, but it's so murky, you won't even see the end of your gun, on a good day! Where can you reccommend for good spearing in your area?

I'm heading over to Sipadan next week. So I'll be passing through KL on the way.

Asalamuaikum dan apa khabar. Bisa pakai bahasa Indonesia (Malay)? Aku butuh 'practice' haha!
Hari yang baik.
Erik

Hi guys .. I want to order a speargun online into Malaysia , Sarawak , Limbang . Will it pass through the custom or if they found out it's a speargun they will confiscate it ? I'm dire need of help , I've been trying to get one for months !!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT