• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi everyone

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

the Big Mao

Aug 12, 2021
Just joined, and thanks for the addition! Getting back to the sea after over a decade's hiatus. I live high in the mountains of central Washington state, USA. Just turned 73 yesterday. Retired prof. of history from a Univ. of CA, grew up in, on, and under water, but....also a serious Nordic and Alpine skier, which is why we moved here when I retired. Taught scuba in Monterey, CA for a number of years in Summer, but switched to freediving in my 50's It's a long ways to the coast from here, and our water demands a 7 mm at least-it's the same temperature as Norway!!!:eek: As soon as I can figure out how to set up this avatar thing, I'll fill that out, but you're dealing with a guy who navigates with a sextant and watch: no "chart plotter" here!

Just joined, and thanks for the addition! Getting back to the sea after over a decade's hiatus. I live high in the mountains of central Washington state, USA. Just turned 73 yesterday. Retired prof. of history from a Univ. of CA, grew up in, on, and under water, but....also a serious Nordic and Alpine skier, which is why we moved here when I retired. Taught scuba in Monterey, CA for a number of years in Summer, but switched to freediving in my 50's It's a long ways to the coast from here, and our water demands a 7 mm at least-it's the same temperature as Norway!!!:eek: As soon as I can figure out how to set up this avatar thing, I'll fill that out, but you're dealing with a guy who navigates with a sextant and watch: no "chart plotter" here!
Welcome Big Mao, glad to see another "well worn" freediver. I've done a little bit of freediving on Vancouver Island, not too far from you. Very neat stuff, but the water temp is a little crazy for a Florida boy.

Reactions: the Big Mao
Welcome Big Mao, glad to see another "well worn" freediver. I've done a little bit of freediving on Vancouver Island, not too far from you. Very neat stuff, but the water temp is a little crazy for a Florida boy.
Thanks! we seem to be just a little warmer than the Lofoten Islands of Norway!. I imagine Rudyard Kipling would have something to say about "mad dogs and spearos" here:)

I’m new to the site as well. Glad to see another “old dog” still enjoying the sport; I just turned 63. I used to be a PADI dive master, but I gave up scuba for freediving and spearing over 30 years ago. This is a great site, I’m sure you will enjoy it…. Good luck and enjoy retirement, IT’S GREAT!!! I’m in florida, water temp here was 86 yesterday…

I’m new to the site as well. Glad to see another “old dog” still enjoying the sport; I just turned 63. I used to be a PADI dive master, but I gave up scuba for freediving and spearing over 30 years ago. This is a great site, I’m sure you will enjoy it…. Good luck and enjoy retirement, IT’S GREAT!!! I’m in florida, water temp here was 86 yesterday…
Thanks! I retired at 59 (just turned 73!) from the university where I taught for 35 years, but I found "pitfalls" in retirement! Driving down to a cigar bar one day, to hang out with my buddies-I'm about halfway there-when I realized "OH CRAP"!!! I'm supposed to be at the dentist's office right now:-0 Oh well........

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT