• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi everyone !

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Corsican diver

Oct 15, 2007
Hello. I am a spearfisher who sometimes leaves his gun at home to take a bottle of compressed air.

I am from Corsica (Just like in my pseudo).

Hope you can bear my poor English...

Cheers.

Hello! Welcome to DeeperBlue (DB)!!! Your English seems fine, enjoy surfing this site!

How cool could living in Corsica be :)

Welcome to deeperblue :friday

Thank you everybody.

Hello Foxfish, last Sunday, I caught two, just big enough to put in two plates : one for my girlfriend, one for me.

For this week-end, the waves are in excess of 3m : think I'm going to make some spearfishing in my bathtub... :head

With your girlfriend? rofl
What type of fish did you spear, bass?

Foxfish,
Spearfishing humour doesn't change !
Please, lie down on that sofa, and call me Sigmund...rofl

To answer the other question, I took grey sea-breams. The only big fish I saw was a seabass, something like 5 kg. But it was 10 meters away, when he saw me, and decided not to wait... :wave

So what temperature is the sea & have you any pics of a grey bream?
can you tell us a little bit in general about your diving conditions & the fish you hunt - please. :)

Hi.

Now, the temperature of the sea is 13°. The usual minimum is in february, around 12.

A picture of a grey bream : spondyliosoma cantharus, canthe, tanude, dorade grise, photos de poissons mer méditerranée

The conditions in Corsica : the water is very clear most of the year, which in return means the fish can see you very easily. :(

Sometimes, we have short storms, but very hard.(This week-end began this way...)

The fishes anybody would like to take here : two at the second rank, seabass and seabrem. (Dicentrarchus labrax and sparus aurata), and best of all : the dentex. Somebody here in Corsica took one 2 months ago, weighed at around 12kg.

I can tell you a bit more if you have questions..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT