• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from a Puerto Rico member

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

alfa011

Aug 8, 2005
Hello and greetings to all.
As the newest member of Deeper Blue I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am 51 years young and have been spearfishing and freediving in Puerto Rico for around 40 years.

Also I am interested in collecting spearguns and publications (books, magazines) related to spearfishing.

Last but not least, this website is just a dream! A treasure of information. Keep the good work.

Alvin Mirabal
Puerto Rico
alfa011 at prtc.net

Wellcome to DB Alvin

Yes, you will find loads of information and lot of great people sharing experiences heres.

Salud

ah.... Puerto Rico.. i was there for 12 hours stopping off a cruise ship, what a great place, wanted to stay a lifetime! I ate at a local restaurant with a Salsa flavour.. really loud music and so much atmosphere.. pity i was with a Canadian who really didn't understand the passion of a latin atmosphere, we left early as it gave him a headache! :hmm

welcome to DB... I would love to hear from you about diving in PR from the 70s and 80s... see this thread
[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=62798"]Calling Divers from before the 80s...[/ame]

alfa011 said:
Hello and greetings to all.
As the newest member of Deeper Blue I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am 51 years young and have been spearfishing and freediving in Puerto Rico for around 40 years.

Also I am interested in collecting spearguns and publications (books, magazines) related to spearfishing.

Last but not least, this website is just a dream! A treasure of information. Keep the good work.

Alvin Mirabal
Puerto Rico
alfa011 at prtc.net

Hey Alvin
My wife is from Puerto Rico, actually a New Yorican, born in Brooklyn, NY. and grew up in Carolina, P.R. I met her going to school in Dallas, TX. My in-laws live in Cauguas. We usually visit at least once a year. Maybe I could hook up with you sometime next year when I visit P.R.

Ken

Hey Alvin
My wife is from Puerto Rico, actually a New Yorican, born in Brooklyn, NY. and grew up in Carolina, P.R. I met her going to school in Dallas, TX. My in-laws live in Cauguas. We usually visit at least once a year. Maybe I could hook up with you sometime next year when I visit P.R.

Ken

Hiya Ken:

Thanks for the e-mail. No problem.. you know where to contact me ( alfa011 at prtc.net ) and hope to see if the ocean is good to go spearfishing or freediving from the beach. (I do not have a boat :-( ) The best season is April-July. Let me know if you are into spearfishing and read spanish. There is a mailing list for spanish speaking spearfishing enthusiasts that you might enjoy.

Take care and thanks for writting.

Alvin

Hi Alvin
Nice to see you here in the forum, as you know I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Welcome.
Roberto Reyes
Puertoricofreedivers.com

Nice website Robert!

I had a chance to dive in Puerto Rico a few years ago. We dove off of Fajardo and I was amazed at the shape the reefs were in - much better than half the other places I've been! We also did a bit of snorkeling right off the hotel in San Juan, but that wasn't quite as nice. The island had a lot to offer from the short time I was there and would like to go back some day- when my kids are a LOT older.

I've heard that the diving gets even better to the South and East. Maybe you could tell us about some of your favorite spots?

Jon

Bienvenidos a DeeperBlue Alvin!

Glad to see you here. If I'm in the area you can count on a call or email! I'd love to do some diving and/or spearfishing in the area :)

Saludos de Canada,
Aaron

Jon
We are lucky to live on a tropical island, weather is always warm, water stays close to 80F year around, normally very clear, blue water is just a mile offshore, pretty cool.
Rob

Welcome Alvin! Glad to see you on here. There's lots of information; perhaps you could drop a few pointers as well.
I knew a guy in elementary school named Roberto Reyes :D.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT