• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Dominican Republic, Sto Domingo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

clement

May 30, 2014
Hello everybody,

my name is Clement, I am French, 29, i live in DR since 4 year, I am working in a fish hatchery in Sto Domingo,
I love spearfishing, freediving and cooking fresh fish!
I go spearfishing all around the island, mainly on reef, looking for snapper, mackerel, permit octopus, lobster and lion fish… I have the chance to dive in this clear water in average twice a week, I have an Italian 1 m wood gun, with mechanism and reel Ermes, it is a great gun for the reef but I am working on a new gun for blue water..,

This forum appears to be a wealth of information, and great place to meet spear mate, I would like to share experience

Don’t doubt to contact me if you plan to come in DR for freediving/spearfishing on the reef or blue water, I could help you to plan your trip.

Also, I started to film underwater, to share with my friends, you can have a look on you tube: ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvY_NvYoUHlZTd8VM_tgbyQ/videos ).

Cheers,

Clement

Welcome to Deeperblue! Sounds like you're really living the life. What kind of fish do you work with at the hatchery? I used to work with salmon :)

Hello everybody,

my name is Clement, I am French, 29, i live in DR since 4 year, I am working in a fish hatchery in Sto Domingo,
I go spearfishing all around the island, mainly on reef, looking for snapper, mackerel, permit octopus, lobster and lion fish… I have the chance to dive in this clear water in average twice a week, I have an Italian 1 m wood gun, with mechanism and reel Ermes, it is a great gun for the reef but I am working on a new gun for blue water..,

This forum appears to be a wealth of information, and great place to meet spear mate, I would like to share experience

Don’t doubt to contact me if you plan to come in DR for freediving/spearfishing on the reef or blue water, I could help you to plan your trip.

Also, I started to film underwater, to share with my friends, you can have a look on you tube: ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvY_NvYoUHlZTd8VM_tgbyQ/videos ).

Cheer
Clement
Hbhj
Hello everybody,

Cheers,

Clement

Salut Clément,
Bravo pour tes videos. C 'est beau. Ton post ma très interressé car je me rend en Republique Dominicaine au mois de juillet. J'enmène mon fusil et j'espere vraiment voir du poisson, mais beaucoup de commentaires sur les forums déplorent des eaux assez pauvres et surpechées. Tu est l'un des seuls a avoir posté des commentaires optimistes sur la RD! C'est pour ça que j'aurais besoins de tes conseils sur les endroit où aller. Ce que je cherche c' est de pouvoir partir de la plage et explorer en toute liberté sans avoir a dependre d'un bateau. Peut etre pourra t-on même faire une sortie ensemble! Au plaisir de te lire. Jonathan

Salut Jonathan,
tu viens combien de temps en RD? dans quelle ville?
je te confirme il y a de quoi faire en partant du bord,
n'hesites pas a me contacter par email: clement.martineau@hotmail.fr
a bientot

Hbhj

Salut Clément,
Bravo pour tes videos. C 'est beau. Ton post ma très interressé car je me rend en Republique Dominicaine au mois de juillet. J'enmène mon fusil et j'espere vraiment voir du poisson, mais beaucoup de commentaires sur les forums déplorent des eaux assez pauvres et surpechées. Tu est l'un des seuls a avoir posté des commentaires optimistes sur la RD! C'est pour ça que j'aurais besoins de tes conseils sur les endroit où aller. Ce que je cherche c' est de pouvoir partir de la plage et explorer en toute liberté sans avoir a dependre d'un bateau. Peut etre pourra t-on même faire une sortie ensemble! Au plaisir de te lire. Jonathan

Hello, Great fish!!!! I am currently in the dominican republic and have done some snorkelling near samana. Sadly my spear fishing gear is back home (75cm pathos sniper roller with a reel), and it will take me another month to be able to retrieve it. When I get my gear do you have any tips on spearfishing at las terrenas? or somewhere I should be focusing my effort? I also fly fish so if there was a place to do both that would be fantastic.

Hello everybody,

Cheers,

Clement
Hope you are still there. Coming to the DR later this year and looking for some spearo buddies for diving as well good places to go to.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT