• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Hampshire (Old!)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Waterysmile

Jul 4, 2006
Hello. I'm Andrew and I live in North Hampshire near Farnborough. I feel it is time to join here because I saw The Big Blue last week and I have bought Umberto Pellizari's book on Free Diving! I have been lurking for several weeks now. I've been practising dry static for a few weeks and have improved from 1 minute to 3:45 and have swum 25 metres under water - not a lot but it is much further than I had done before so I am happy.

Last saturday my partner and I went to Dorset, just east of Christchurch, and had a swim in the sea, I dove down a few metres to the bottom, not far, but it was a start. Three hours later I was in a rose garden, bent over to smell a rose, and a load of water shot out of my right nostril! That surprised me, I must have been storing it.

I am enjoying training and pushing myself and I look forward to sometime swimming with fishes and other sealife in the future.

Reactions: naiad
Welcome aboard! I think Naiad has just moved to your neck of the woods.

Waterysmile said:
Three hours later I was in a rose garden, bent over to smell a rose, and a load of water shot out of my right nostril! That surprised me, I must have been storing it.

rofl rofl rofl Jeez that happens to me all the time, Where the @#$k does it all come from roflI went for a dive the other morning and then shot off to work, I bent down to get something out of a drawer and splosh :vangry

Howdy Andrew :) Glad I'm not the only one rofl

Hi Andrew, welcome aboard!

I will be moving to Hampshire (Winchester) in September. I hope to find some diving opportunities there.

Sometimes after diving in the pool without a mask, water dribbles out of my mouth or nose afterwards. It usually happens when I am least expecting it. One day someone will notice and I'll have to explain! rofl

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone in experiencing this 'nasal shoot phenomenon'!

Naiad - you're a water nymph, right? I'm not sure what is available down Winchester way, at least you are nearer the sea. I have been swimming in my local council pool, 1.8 metres deep and a shallow end. Not quite ideal for underwater swimming!

Waterysmile said:
Naiad - you're a water nymph, right? I'm not sure what is available down Winchester way, at least you are nearer the sea. I have been swimming in my local council pool, 1.8 metres deep and a shallow end. Not quite ideal for underwater swimming!
Yes. :)

I hope to find a pool for training. There are a few near Winchester, but I haven't found any freediving clubs. The nearest coast is Southampton and Portsmouth. Not ideal for diving, I was in Portsmouth a few weeks ago and the water looked very murky.

Maybe the famous Winchester Water Meadows, or the nearby rivers? Nice clear water and lots of trout. ;)

Hi Andrew

If you fancy some deeper stuff, join us at SaltFree sometime

www.saltfreedivers.com

not as beautiful as the Dorset coast but great if you get into competing - or just want to meet a load of freedivers

you are very lucky - I used to spend a lot of time around Christchurch - gorgeous place, especially the sea parts!

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT