• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi From New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kman

semi O2 intolerant
Aug 16, 2005
Hello All,

I am relativly new to this.
Love my monofin and being underwater.

Did my fist static (with a club) on tuesday and managed a hold of 5 mins. I am loving this more and more. (I was shooting for 4 mins) :)
Only been involved since sept last year.

Anyone else here from New Zealand?

Reactions: naiad
Hi there fellow Kiwi!

I am from Tauranga, Nth Iser. Also have caught the freediving bug. I am currently in Miami. Where are yu?

N:)

Hi

Well done on that 5min static - that's very good for a first try.

I'm also based in Tauranga.

Ash

Hi Niki090fish and Ash!

I am in Wellington, I have hooked up on a temp basis (for now) with a Wellington Club called "the Lazy Seal" (www.lazyseal.co.nz) so that I can push in safety with experienced people around me and learn lots too.
Unfortunitly their training evenings are a little hard for me to attend so training with them is limited at present.

You attending the comp this weekend Ash?

I dive occasionally at Lake Taupo with some of the Lazy Seal group, so I can say that you're in good hands :)

As for the comp this weekend, I'm still in Australia visiting family. Back in NZ tonight though and I hope to get in the water for a shore dive tomorrow if the weather is playing along.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT