• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from the Netherlands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jul 11, 2018
Hi all,

I'm 24 and live in the Netherlands.
I'm a member at a local diving club, which is connected with the NOB (Nederlandse Onderwatersport Bond) and completed the 1* and 2* course (corresponds to advanced open water). Besides that i've completed a nitrox course. After 3 Years of scuba Diving with a wetsuit, i recently bought a dry-suit.
For now: that's enough scuba-training for me: just diving and enjoying diving is now my priority.

In my hometown there is a lake with a maximum depth of 34 meters and for dutch water not really bad visibility (3-6 meters visibility). When I go diving i prefer this water, because it's closeby and has anough to see. Other favorite places for me are de oosterschelde (zeeland, south part of the Netherlands) en de grevelingen (zeeland as well).
Because i don't have a car but a motorcycle, bringing my scubagear to the water is sometimes an issue. (i can borrow a car from friends or ask my buddy to pick me up, but thats not always an option).
Therefore i'm doing besides scubadiving a bit of snorkling and freediving with my wetsuit. Most of the times I dive in the lake nearby, to a depth of 12 meters and hang around there, any lower will be under the thermocline: too cold for me in a wetsuit.

I've subscribed to the forum to find information about freediving with a monofin: for now the search button helps me with providing a lot of info.

so: Hi to everybody here!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT