• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi guys, I need some help....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ben86

Aug 29, 2004
I am going to build a speargun, something like a wood european gun, I mean a euro hundle with a wood barrel.
I have two picasso hundels, so now I need some barrels designing to attach to the picasso hundles.
I preffer a home design or home made barrels but if you have something that you bought it will be as good as you made.
please attach pictures, or if you want send them to my email.
if you have special instructions about the kind of wood or anything else please dont hesitate and add it to your message.

thank you very very much

yours truly,
Ben

ben211286@walla.co.il

no one ever built a speargun.....

I know you did so please help the new builder.

thank you
Ben

There is a link here somewhere for building a woodie - Sven made an article on it. Have a search for "teak" - "mahoghany" - "iroco" and so on - www.Totemsub.it have a few snaps of picasso handles with wooden barrels I think - Good luck - I would do the search for you but have to go out spearing - you know how it is.
Ed

didnt find it.

didnt find it.
if you can when you come back please give me the link.
but where are all the builders with some pic of their guns?!

Ben,

It sounds like what you're after is something like the Master America. Very pricey though, so I see why your wanting to make your own. First of all what kind of tools do you have or have access to? Trying to make a gun without a table saw, router table, drill press, planer, and jointer will be terribly difficult or will end up very shoddy looking. It's probably a good idea to buy extra wood. Make a trial gun and do all your mistakes on it before attempting to make the real one. Sven's article is pretty good but doesn't go into specifics. Good builders will be a little reluctant to share gun making techniques with the general public, since it does take time and many trials and errors to get good. PM me and I'll try to help you out behind the scenes..

Gil

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT