• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi, I'm Grace

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Bandha Urdianies (sorry for the horrible spelling), lifting up the diaphragm, under the shower in the morning. I agree with Simos' words, and indeed from practice I can say the ability to diving deep comes back rather quick each season, it's like remembering how to ride a bike after returning from a vacation. Just take many and long dives going to modest depths to relocate the flexibility and relaxation at depth.

A 100 DNF, well that used to be a big WR... and some number that would make my day a good one :)
Learning the mouth-fill and Frenzel (Frenzel-Fattah) is very doable. Make sure you also learn to do it head down. If you've got a 5mm suit going for a quick session in a lake is still doable, maybe an extra neoprene shirt underneath. - The hot chocolate after will be great! :D Oh and in the Winter the water is very clear!

The 200 is a nice challenge too. Personally I have only got to 65m, so I'm close to that number ;) Now I'm going to watch the World Championships again!

Ciao!

Given Grace's super-fast progress (having seen her dive I know she is already capable of much more than 100ft) I think she should be the one dishing out training advice. :)

We'll be watching this space for the 100m DNF challenge. (actually I might drag myself down to Richmond soon and watch you guys train in DNF as I haven't managed to freediving much in the past few months and my DNF is pathetic! :) )

The 200 is a nice challenge too. Personally I have only got to 65m, so I'm close to that number ;)

Not sure if you meant you are almost there, but you are over 200ft already Kars :) (213ft to be precise)

There you go, one more milestone for you ;-)

Not sure if you meant you are almost there, but you are over 200ft already Kars :) (213ft to be precise)

There you go, one more milestone for you ;-)

Thanks Simos, it must be my flooded brain that failed my meter to ft calculation.
Well at the moment the Dutch National championships are on my mind. So I'm working on technique etc, which is surprisingly going fine. Also some improvements that I'm very pleased with. Lastly I'm considering diving with a completely exposed face. I just love the feeling of water flowing over my face, and the wide blurry view. The only thing is with this that past 50m with some tension and contractions coming on it's much tougher than with a mask. :martial

I'm all in favour of Grace giving us a lecture about what she has discovered worked for her!

Thanks Simos! Yes, you should definitely come and join us :). We're doing one long swim at the start and then usually a DNF CO2 table (10 sets of 33m DNF, leaving every 1:30), followed by some non-apnea stuff like one-leg kicks or some relaxing static dynamics.

Thanks for your advice, and for Kars' advice too. The foundations definitely need some work, especially aerobic fitness, strength and diet (ahem). I've started using the bandha exercises (carefully) but I'm not doing them regularly enough. Ditto with lung/thoracic stretching. I'll do some searching for empty lung stuff - very keen to work on equalisation.

I've been stuck to the AIDA International Insider Facebook feed - totally in awe of the performances and great to get real-time results and comment. Couldn't make the video coverage work though unfortunately (or fortunately for my assignment).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT