• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hi there all

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samak

May 27, 2005
hi there everyone .just introducing myself .i have had a great time reading all the messages everyone writes ,some good info .i am working outside of tabuk,saudi arabia for a large agric company .i am a south african and do as much spearfishing as i can , with a collegue who is an old spearo.we go down to duba where there are lots of great spots.
cheers greg

samak said:
hi there everyone .just introducing myself .i have had a great time reading all the messages everyone writes ,some good info .i am working outside of tabuk,saudi arabia for a large agric company .i am a south african and do as much spearfishing as i can , with a collegue who is an old spearo.we go down to duba where there are lots of great spots.
cheers greg

hiya!
Sara in Dubai...

Hiya

Nog 'n vis-skieter van die KAAP!!!

Groete
miles

Goie Morge

rofl rofl

My afrikaan is pathetic rofl rofl rofl

SAWUBONA = Thats my zulu!!

thanks for the greetings .i have started this week to do pool fitness training .i am really unfit . i train with pieter zietsman ( you guys from sa will know him ) .i am really chuffed as my bottom time is poor and this should do the trick. do you guys have any tips on fitness.
cheers greg

samak said:
thanks for the greetings .i have started this week to do pool fitness training .i am really unfit . i train with pieter zietsman ( you guys from sa will know him ) .i am really chuffed as my bottom time is poor and this should do the trick. do you guys have any tips on fitness.
cheers greg

whoa!! check out the Freediving training threads... you'll find theories galore.

Groete,
Sara

thanks sara, i will check it out .excellent afrikaans .we will have to make you an honorary boere meisie ( afrikaans girl ).
cheers greg

samak said:
thanks sara, i will check it out .excellent afrikaans .we will have to make you an honorary boere meisie ( afrikaans girl ).
cheers greg

Thank you! Although i am essentially a Banana girl...;) went to High School in Kwazulu-Natal :)

most of the SAns we have on board are Afrikaans... i understand it quite well but don't speak it well... at least they cant tell any secrets in front of me :D

hello folk;

have really learned a lot just reading the threads posted here. Have been working in Nepal for the last year, which isn't really the best place for wet training, what with the lack of an ocean and all. Am working on dry statics at the moment, and working my way slowly past 3, but don't really know what i'm doing. Just looking for a way to push myself I guess; Great to find this forum though-- so many interesting folks!

bailfoy said:
hello folk;

have really learned a lot just reading the threads posted here. Have been working in Nepal for the last year, which isn't really the best place for wet training, what with the lack of an ocean and all. Am working on dry statics at the moment, and working my way slowly past 3, but don't really know what i'm doing. Just looking for a way to push myself I guess; Great to find this forum though-- so many interesting folks!

HI to you way up there in Nepal.. how do you find it breathing in such high altitude?

Hi there;

I'm only at 1500m, so it's not so different that at home in BC, but there was a little initial reduction in my hold times. More than anything it's a way to pass the time on long drives in the office car. You're in the Desert?!

bailfoy said:
Hi there;

I'm only at 1500m, so it's not so different that at home in BC, but there was a little initial reduction in my hold times. More than anything it's a way to pass the time on long drives in the office car. You're in the Desert?!

Where is Home? Prince George, BC here :D (10 more days and I'm home!)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT