• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi there from New Zealand!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I',m from Canada but have been in the Bay of Islands for a couple months now, the freakin north easterly swell wont stop! and its windy as wellington the last few days...

Bummer, hope it is getting better soon. I went to the beach today and on the way out there I met one mate coming back with a bigger load than expected... Kingies rule! (he got it in 2-3 m deep water).
I didn't get anything but the conditions were perfect and it was just plain beautiful freediving!

Attachments

• kingi.jpg
    kingi.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Old Man Dave
Bummer, hope it is getting better soon. I went to the beach today and on the way out there I met one mate coming back with a bigger load than expected... Kingies rule! (he got it in 2-3 m deep water).
I didn't get anything but the conditions were perfect and it was just plain beautiful freediving!
I'm betting makara around at cheese & onions. I saw 'em walking out while I was on my way in ;)

Bastard got a kingi, eh? All I got were turkeys...

Bingo!
Funny that we haven't seen us then... Where did you go? (Guess we will meet on Tuesday anyway, eh? ;) )

Hi Guys,

Have been hanging around in this forum for a while, so I thought it would be nice to say a friendly Kia Ora to all of you!
I'm living in Wellington and Fran from No Bubbles team hooked me up to freediving. After a bit of testing, it dawns on me I'm getting seriously addicted.... Uuuuuhm, not the first time, thou. I'm a keen but untalented surfer (under water is easier), a talented but under-worked snowboarder and an over-worked but un-keen working drone in my job.

Happy diving and greetings to all freedivers around the globe!

Hut ab, Klaus

Let me know if you want to come dive Broward County... As long as you are a safe diver and a fun guy, we'll get along with no pb. I do beach dives (kayak) and also go out with my buddies on their boat.

Bruno

Bingo!
Funny that we haven't seen us then... Where did you go? (Guess we will meet on Tuesday anyway, eh? ;) )
Just went out to sunken rock for a couple of hours. I was taking a new guy out, so didn't want to dump him in the deep end just yet...

Hi Bruno,
Sure appreciate your offer, thou Florida is not just right around the corner for me. But my aunty plans to move there soon and I always wanted to see her again – you never know when I'll be on your doorstep, too!
Cheers, Klaus

Hi all, my first post. I am from NZ aswell. Do my spearfishing in Nelson and Blenheim. Just love spearfishing.

Hi Mike,

How is spearfishing in Blenheim? Where to go there? I thought there is just black beach (except the rocks in the North) around....I wish I could go more often to the South Island but the bloody ferry tickets are too pricey.
Well, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum, Mike!

Hey E.M.P.

Great to have you playing with the Lazy Seal's Klaus. I reckon you're going to do some great stuff in freediving - crazy levels of committment.

See you at the pool Tuesday.

Cheers,
Guy

Usually around port underwood which is over the hill from Picton which is the Kaikoura side. Usually get Moki and butter fish that way. + heaps of paua and some crayfish. Its ok. Went spearfishing down at stewart island just before xmas. Mate the size of the Moki there were unreal. Paua larger than my large hands. It was great. Do a wee bit at Nelson but its maily Taraki (appologies for spelling). Never seem to see those Kingfish..
What about you?

@ Guy: Cheers, I really enjoy hanging out with the lazy seals. I never knew what I would get myself into when I started, but I'm having a blast (and that's just the beginning...!) Looking forward to Tuesday!

@ Mike: Stewart Island sounds great, my mate has been there about two years ago (one day after the storm that sunk the fishing boat) and he said it was incredible. Everything down there looks like Jurassic Park, just big as! I would love to go there some time. When diving, I usually hang around Makara, but the Buttis there have seen too many Spearos in their live, so they are very, very cautious. ; ) Once the sea calms, I'm planning to have a closer look at Wainuiamota, we once caught a massive Moki off the beach at bearing head (that's the southern harbour entrance), and this time we wanted to give it a go with the spearguns... Can't wait to get in there and explore.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT