• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hi there i'm new!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

anna

Jan 22, 2008
hello
my name is anna and i just registered to this interesting diving website and i really hope to get the chance to communicate with divers from every ocean. i'm a diver of mauritius and would like to know a bit more about diving in any other places coz i'm looking forward to move somewhere else, anywhere else for a divemaster job... working here is really cool but i'd like to see a lot more... waiting for a few advices...

thanks a lot
anna

Welcome Anna. If you want to work and travel as a diver, best is to get your Instructor's certificate before you go. It can be done with a Divemaster cert, but even Instructors work for peanuts in most places.
Cheers,
Erik

hello
my name is anna and i just registered to this interesting diving website and i really hope to get the chance to communicate with divers from every ocean. i'm a diver of mauritius and would like to know a bit more about diving in any other places coz i'm looking forward to move somewhere else, anywhere else for a divemaster job... working here is really cool but i'd like to see a lot more... waiting for a few advices...

thanks a lot
anna

HI Anna
(thank you Spaniard :D)

I went to Mauritius in 1976, when the coral was still intact and it was absolutely stunning. Much has changed since then I imagine :) We arrived just after a tropical cyclone, and there was quite a bit of mess but the beaches were beautiful and my Mum and I spent a lot of time paddling out on a glass bottom boat :)

You obviously speak French, so getting a job in the Maldives where they require instructors to speak other languages as a minimum, should be easy for you. You will need to get your OWSI though, and your best bet (which is what I did), is go to the Maldives and do your OWSI through Eurodivers or one of the large dive centres and you have 90% chance of getting a job. Stun them during your course and they will be eating out of your hand :)

PM me if you want any advice etc.

Cheers,
Sara :wave

hello thanks for your advice its really nice... have you travelled a lot for diving?? do you think it is possible to get an internship where you can both work and do your IDC as well? coz here IDCs are very expensive and you dont get lots of money even though in rupee it might seem ok... well hope ur having a nice day mine is finished... thanks again
anna

hi sara thanks so much i think its going to be of great help even though i heard that u could have no rest while working in the maldives... is that true?? do you actually earn a lot of money without having any time for you?? and how is diving and diving jobs there? i did not think about it before so thanks for your idea...
anna

thanks for your message i'll check for it and let u know
cheers
anna

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Anna
I merged all your posts to be able to answer them easily :)

Generally in Maldives you get a six month contract, 7 day week, then get 30 days off. When you come back, you get your contract renewed for another six months and you get the money back for your airticket.

When i worked out there we were coining between 1200USD and 1800USD a month (tax free), and we had paid accommodation and food. So basically, aside from your basic necessities like toiletries (and we got away with that as well as guests felt sorry for us and kept giving us stuff :D) you make reasonable money to save.

I heard that ProDive in Australia do internships (are you a PADI divemaster?) If you are a PADI pro you can check out all the jobs on the PADI website - there are loads. Also remember that working as a diving instructor was never meant to be lucrative, its more for the fun and experiences.

Working in Maldives was fantastic and i dont regret a day of it.

Hope this helps
Sara :)

Reactions: spaghetti
to sara

thanks again sara i'll go check for both maldives and australia..yes i'm a PADI divemaster and i'll try to let you know very soon what's the easiest thing for me to do... cheers and thanks a lot
icon14.gif

anna

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT