• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi, there!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi,
As this is the first post of mine, I wanna say all to you. I'm a 25 years old spero from Turkey. Well I've been freediving since my childhood and spearfishing about 15years. I hope I could learn new stuff from you. :t

take care

If you've been spearing and freediving that long.. maybe some us could learn from you.. ;)
Anyhow feel welcome to our community. We have lot of very experienced divers here. And a lot of good stories humor and so on.

br.

Tuomo

I'm reading the forum archive with great plessure, I believe this is an educating one.

Hey Memo, I was thinking of shooting you a PM on Adrenaline to direct you here, but it seems you found this site yourself.

Post your rubber question in the Spearign Equipment section, the European guys around here will know the answer!

okay I'll do it right now. :) I wonder what will people think in here...

Murat, I usually hunt at the Tasucu region in summer so, I think I'm the most familiar guy in this forum to the waters that you're diving :)

Yeah, actually if we both go offshore we can meet at the middlerofl

By the way, how deep you dive and what you hunting??? Do you hunt spinefoot "sokan" there???

Well, I usually do Aspetto and dive between 10-15m. I really dont know how deep I can push my self. My usual hunts are gilthead bream, bass, grouper, some little cudas, flathead mullet, Leerfish and some Bullet tuna upto 10kgs. Actually these are the nice and big ones that I'm always looking and hunting but the actual fish list is quite long. I really dont like to hunt spine foot as it hurts like hell! Instead I usually hunt Iskaroz (kind of parrot fish).

Yeah ýskaroz are my favorite reef fish. It tastes great and need solid head shot to secure it. Unfortunatelly we don't have them much here, even they are so small. Many of the fishes you mentioned i never see around here. Did you see those little cudas and bullets tunny in 10-15 meter of water?? Are you sure that those little tunas are not wahoo? I really glad to see neighbor country divers get wahoo. I saw that wahoo lives in med sea also according to fishbase but never seen any diver that get them or even saw them. As you said spinefoots hurts like hell but i have gloves for that reason;) But sometimes gloves is not enough:blackeye. After few bad bite i gain immunity against the pain:duh

Anyway did you get you 110 cressi with double bands for those tunny???

well I've seen and shoot some baby wahoos (I guess they are wahoo cause they are called ýskarmoz regionally) at the opposite site of your sea :D but they are all around 1-3kg range. I've also hunt some ýskaroz upto 1kg range (I guess its pretty big for that fish).

Well regarding bullet tunas, I've seen them this summer while duing aspetto at about 12m! Just as I've laid down to a rock and trying some noises to attract fish, suddenly they appeared from the deep blue :) . I found cudas from time to time swimming at about 4m from the surface along the shore line. I also saw a large tuna 3 years ago which is as big as me! (I'm 1.83m tall!!!!)

I'm still waiting for an e-mail from the turkish distributor of OMER for the bands, Its been 3 days I've send them my notice but still no reply :(

Are you seening those fishes offshore??? Do you swim from the shore like me or using boat?

We've got a small zodiac inflatable boat and we use for diving, but I've seen all of them while reef diving. I've never made any open water dives yet. Maybe luck or the curiosity of fish but I've seen them all coming from the deeper parts towards me to see what the noise that I'm making.

I use throat noise with different frequencies and also try to make at a rthym :)

Do you use noises as well for reef species? Such as sorgos, sea bass...

yeah making noise is my primary technique, It seem that all of the fishes are really interested in that :)

Iskaroz is especially hypnotized to that sound they somethimes even come to few cm close to me :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT