• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

high tech gun for 15$

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Awesome site Gilbert - you try it yet? ;)

I sent it out to the Retrosub list. Seems like it's up their alley :)

sense of humour required!

Glad you guys found that cool. Haven't tried it though. Not exactly my style. Here's a gun I made in an hour this afternoon over a few sips of Corona (I don't advise alcohol and woodworking machinery, came close to losing a finger). Let's say I was inspired to do something goofy. I think I'll call it the "stubby stalker". It's got it all: lots of mass to combat recoil, enclosed track to prevent shaft whip, rear mounted Alexander handle, stainless steel heavy duty trigger mechanism, side mounted line release, 9/32 inch shaft. Still not done though. Need some rubbers before this bad boy sees some close in-your-face action. This is every Manini's worst nightmare... Enjoy!

Attachments

• dsc01503.jpg
    dsc01503.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 827
Originally posted by Cingene
Is it band, pneumatic or hydraulic powered (maybe ale)?

he looks like a new design... you fill up with beer, give a shake and is ready to fire!!! :p

More fun

Okay, had more fun in the shop this afternoon. There ya go.

Shadow, you wanted wings....Bam! you got wings! Can't do the sonar though, that's over my head.

Fuzz, you wanted a reel.... Bam! you got a reel. I mounted my Abu Garcia bait caster especially for you! (you like dat eh bruddah?)

One band, two bands, five bands, pneumatic, hydraulic, spring actuated, nuclear??? How about a single 5/8ths band on rollers? Notice the innovative integral roller and wing. Came up with this on my lunch break. (i bet the gun builders out there are salivating) I've yet to test this concept out on a real gun.

Any more requests? Hope you like it. Hope it was worth a chuckle for all of you. That was the whole purpose of this thread. The grumpy ones out there can just ignore it.

Attachments

• dsc01505.jpg
    dsc01505.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 740
Top view. The wings were cut on my CNC. Designed and cut in less than 20 minutes.

Attachments

• dsc01506.jpg
    dsc01506.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 697
Reactions: Alison
There Is an old pulley gun out there on the web... And I've been thinking for a while to do something... but the day only have 24h :(

The design could compress a 130 to a 1m gun, and a 130 would be the equivalent of an 185...

easier to load, less stress on the barrel and the new ratio power/length enable you to use a thicker shaft (more stable for the long guns)!!!

One day!!! :D

Gilbert this is truly the must cute gun out there!!! :king

Awesome! :D

Still missing a line anchor ;)

You know... I could probably use something like that to shoot a lingcod or cabezon over here. I caught a grass rockfish with my ab iron rofl

The worlds largest "WEEHOO"

Gilbert, no words good enough to compliment you on your new gun. I think you're onto something. It looks like the perfect "weehoo" killer.

The perfect weapon for bluewater hunting "weehoos" like this one :D

For those new to the species, a weehoo is a miniature version of a "wahoo"

Between the minigun and the weehoo...I think spearfishing is going into the miniaturization stage just like the computers...

Hey Fuzz, you too??? Ha ha...I conked a cabezon on the head with one last year. I thought I was the only fool who did that...

Originally posted by Cingene
Between the minigun and the weehoo...I think spearfishing is going into the miniaturization stage just like the computers...

Hey Fuzz, you too??? Ha ha...I conked a cabezon on the head with one last year. I thought I was the only fool who did that...

Yeah, I also grabbed one to check if it was of size. Measured it, then tossed it in the kayak ;)

That's what we have here in Northern California...inanimate fish and kelp.

hinge gun

I love seeing DIY stuff! Please post more. Here are some pics of my little DIY project. It only cost about $5 to make as i had most of the items already. I used a 9 inch segment of bamboo, a hinged door lock thing, a 52inch 7mm steel bar, a piece of 3/8'' surgical tubing, and some nylon cord. I rigged up a flopper with a stiff piece of coat hanger. I have yet to try it out. I will probably add more bands as it is not very powerful as is.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT